FREE - Delta 46-715 14 " WOOD LATHE for refurb or parts (GONE)

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am currently in possession of the lathe detailed below and would love for it to go somewhere where the it could be restored or the parts could be salvaged.

One belt pully is broken and another is badly cracked but the motor seems fine and other components are solid.

Please let me know ASAP of any interest as it is taking up a large footprint in my shop and if no one wants it, I will need to dispose of it.
  • Delta 46-715 14 " WOOD LATHE
  • Delta 3/4-horsepower lathe includes 10 speeds to suit your projects
  • Head stock rotates at 45, 90, and 180-degree angles
  • 24-position index on pulley allows you to create ornamental detailing
  • Includes a cast-iron tool rest measuring 12 inches, a convenient on/off switch positioned above the motor, and a durable steel stand
  • Measures 62.6- by 22.4- by 18.4-inches; weighs 338-pounds

Last edited:

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Is this your Lathe?

1689290973274.png

1689291066693.png

Delta Tool Part 5140061-87 Delta Lathe Pulley for 46-715 with 24mm Shaft sub for 909946
No longer available Delta Tool Part 5140061-87 Lathe Pulley Kit for 46-715 with 24mm Shaft sub for 909946
1689291396586.png

1689291459031.png

Delta 46-715 Type 1 14" Cast-Iron Lathe Parts Delta 46-715 - 14" Cast-Iron Lathe Type 1 - eReplacementParts.com

1689291615388.png

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Just to clarify, I worked on some clean up of this lathe with Matt. The drive sheeve (movable part of the Reeves pulley on the motor shaft) is riddled with cracks. It's intact, but I personally wouldn't expect it to hold together too long without catastrophically coming apart. The driven sheeve (movable part of the Reeves pulley on the main spindle) is broken into multiple pieces! During clean up I tapped on the pulley gently and it literally just crumbled into pieces. It was frozen on the main spindle and the lathe would not change speeds. This is a Variable Speed lathe with a Reeves Drive, and does NOT have a VFD on the motor. It is a single speed motor. The remainder of the parts of the lathe are there and in ok shape. The lathe had been stored outside under a cover. We cleaned up the bed ways and they're discolored, but surprisingly smooth. There is also a decent cast iron base with it. Tail Stock, Banjo, Head Stock, Live Center, and Spur Center.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Dick, The lathe is currently near Seven Lakes, NC...near Pinehurst. But Matt frequently travels up to the Durham area so that's closer to Burlington by a bit.

Redhead

New User
Dick
If the Powermatic lathe come thru to TL shop (I'mnot counting on it till Isee it coming thru the door), the parts to our Delta are available to whoever needs them. Headstock is shot, but all the rest is in good shape. Located in Burlington.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors