Formica problem help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I started to glue up my Assembly table tonight and got the glue on the table part and ran out of glue. I opened up a new can that I bought today at Lowes and when I opened it, it was thick thick thick. It wouldnt pour. So Can I just start over in the morning? The table glue will be dry? What should I do ?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
What kind of glue are you using? I would think that if it was contact cement that tomorrow you could apply another coat over the one that you already have applied and allow it to become tack free and you should still get good bonding as the new coat would reactivate the original one and bind them together.
Dave:)

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
its the formica contact cement. I hope so, My plan is to be at lowes at 7 come back and start over

ChrisC

New User
Christopher Cain
I started to glue up my Assembly table tonight and got the glue on the table part and ran out of glue. I opened up a new can that I bought today at Lowes and when I opened it, it was thick thick thick. It wouldnt pour. So Can I just start over in the morning? The table glue will be dry? What should I do ?

Sounds like you bought Weldwood brand contact cement. I don't like it because it is so thick.

But to answer your question, you can start over in the morning. All you need to do is put another coat over the 1st coat. As long as they are both the same base(solvent based/or waterborne) don't mix them.

I would recommend solvent based, and use either Formica or Wilsonart brand contact cement. You can buy them at HD or Lowes, in the area where they have the laminates. Oh yeah...don't forget to shake the can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors