For Steve D and others (Impact Drivers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Thanks Brandon, I just ordered the 14.4V Makita impact which comes with the drill and fluorescent light from Amazon, I should have it early next week!

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I was debating it but I couldn't see the need based upon the comments from others on the power of the 14.4 and the $100 higher price.

frigator

New User
Robin Frierson
"I just ordered the 14.4V Makita impact which comes with the drill and fluorescent light from Amazon, I should have it early next week!"

You gonna like that driver. I just used mine to put in a lot of PT sleepers, driving tap cons in to old hard concrete. Then used it to screw down over 2000sq feet of plywood floor... The drill is small and a pleasure to use. Hopefully, you have two batteries, as it wears down pretty quick with heavy driving.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
I can see it now. Steves wife is going to have to keep him from driving screws all over thouse house when the new toy arrives!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve D said:
Yep, it comes with 2 batteries....should be there when I get home today.:mrgreen:

For visual guidance on the proper technique for using a power driver

ScrewMissesjpg.jpg

M

McRabbet

I ordered the same Makita 14.4V Impact Driver that Steve did, and from Amazon.com. It is a great deal -- $193 for the impact driver with 2 batteries, a standard cordless drill and a flourescent light, too. What a deal. According to what I've read about it, it delivers up to 1,240 in-oz of torque -- probably enough to twist off a 3/8" lag bolt! Mine has been shipped and should come in just after Easter (I took advantage of a $25 off coupon and free shipping). Amazon is good to deal with!

Rob

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
man have you ever purchased a tool and just want to kick your self in the rear flank afterwards,,i got the hitachi combo kit and passed up the impact driver knowing nothing of it,,man i should have asked my WW buds to see the deal, lesson learned.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I didn't know either. but, I saw a site earlier that had the DeWalt 18V impact driver, with the Porter Cable pneumatic, and FOUR batteries for about $275? That is like getting the DW tool for free!

but, now I can't find it!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
like the other guy, first time I posted that, I got it wrong, which is why I was having problems finding it....:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors