Even more Dust Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Well, I'm almost done putting all my autogates to use. Yesterday I finished a Bandsaw dust shroud that allows the table to tilt fully and still be connected to a 6" dust hose! The drillpress was a simple bit of PVC plumbing and two neat bendable, semi-rigid hoses recent purchased on sale from Peachtree. The only problem with the drillpress pickups, is that they will suck up anything that is not large and heavy- I may need to add safety screens over the intakes.

Bandsaw and drillpress dust connections:

PB130001.JPG

Bandsaw table tilted. The box front is hinged and has sides within the sides. This version attaches with rare earth magnets and is easily removed to access below the table. The next version will slide on some angle brackets attached to the table by the fence rail bolts. We won't talk about the bottom of the shroud quite yet. :icon_scra

PB130004.JPG

The last item is not DC related but what the hey, it is my spray booth. I do not have a separate spray room, so when I sprayed (low VOC finishes only) I put a drop cloth on the assembly table and jury rigged a shield. I decided this location was going to be it so needed a better enclosure. I picked up some small aluminum track (RV curtain track) similar to hospital curtain track and some small rollers that will support a curtain. I haven't purchased or made a curtain yet. The track is suspended from the ceiling. The track starts in a dormer where I will stow the curtain when it is not being used, enters the main area of the shop, and encircles three sides of the assembly table.

Spray booth curtain track.

PB130002.JPG

The track leads to an out-of-the-way curtain "siding" :rolleyes: in the nearby dormer:

PB1300031.JPG

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
Alan, you never cease to amaze us. Your innovation, ingenuity and craftsmanship are an inspiration!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like a cover shot for "Better Shop and Garden"..... :thumbs_up

lottathought

New User
Michael
So let me guess...
The rack is to pull the hospital curtain...so you can operate in there?
Hey...how else do explain such a clean looking room? :gar-La;

J

jeff...

So let me guess...
The rack is to pull the hospital curtain...so you can operate in there?
Hey...how else do explain such a clean looking room? :gar-La;

The curtain is used to hide the green rocket, which he ever so keenly relocated to another spot for the pictures.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Drillpress table tilted. The box front is hinged and has sides within the sides. This version attaches with rare earth magnets and is easily removed to access below the table. The next version will slide on some angle brackets attached to the table by the fence rail bolts. We won't talk about the bottom of the shroud quite yet. :icon_scra

PB130004.JPG

Quite an unique drillpress, never saw one that drilled holes with an open side.:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors