Equipment sale in Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodydiver

New User
curt
hello all,
if any one it thinking about going to see some of the equipment or would like a tag along, ill be off next week . any suggestions on what to look for in a used unit would be greatly appreciated.

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
Kurt,

I am interested in several of the pieces and would bid if I could get there. If you would be so kind as to check out a few of the pieces I would be most appreciative, Specifically, I am interested in a cabinet saw such as one of the UNISAWS, a larger jointer like one of the 8: Deltas, nd a larger planner like one of the PMs.

Thanks

John

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
hello all,
if any one it thinking about going to see some of the equipment or would like a tag along, ill be off next week . any suggestions on what to look for in a used unit would be greatly appreciated.

is suspect this equipment is form redmond & son's down in atlanta. I don't know of anyone else that would have that kind of inventory. I also know they are some of the best folks to deal with I've every worked with. They will shoot you straight about the equipment.

Bear in mind a lot of it has probably been in inventory for awhile and they probably honestly don't know if it will fire right up or not.

My opinion on buying used equipment especially at an auction is to factor in some money for unknown issues. Generally I advise people 15 -25% of the "value" of the machine.

When inspecting equipment that isn't under power I check to see if the moveable parts move, like cutterheads or spindles the like. If frozen up or hard to move there could be problems with the bearings. Lots of folks check run out as well if you want to be particular. Also check table or trunion movement and that all handwheels and such are are there.

You want to look at the electrical box/cabinet, if it's a rat nest of wires, that's a good indication of how well or not well it's been cared for.

Take a straight edge and lay it on the tables that shows a lot as well.

I'll give this some thought and provide more input if you guys want. I do buy a lot of used stuff, jsut not for myself.

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
Phil,

Thanks for the info. I do not mind buying quality used equipment. Considering Charlotte is a lot closed than Atlanta, I would like to hear from you.

JOHN

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Phil,

Thanks for the info. I do not mind buying quality used equipment. Considering Charlotte is a lot closed than Atlanta, I would like to hear from you.

JOHN

i don't sell much along the lines of what we use. most of my equipment is larger 3-phase commercial equipment for cabinet and millwork shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS