Dust collector

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
probably not a bad deal, but I think the consensus is that bigger is better, and HF is running a 20% off deal right now, you can probably get their 2 hp unit for about $40 more than this.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
The DC 650 is on Amazon for $259.99 and advertised elsewhere on the net for $274.99. At $139 plus shipping, you've found a pretty low price.

Ray

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I don't have the unit but it should be perfectly fine for one tool at a time using the shortest possible flex hose. If you do a lot of woodworking you will be much happier buying a larger unit with dedicated runs to each machine. Lots of people not only move their DC around but have nearly all of their tools on mobile bases. That is a great solution to space if you are limited or only do projects on occaisson. For me, I do a lot of woodworking and would go nuts moving everything around. I like to set up an efficient layout, have a bigger DC and dedicated runs to each machine.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have that model and I keep it in the corner of my 25' x 25' shop with one 14' hose attached to my TS, and another 15' hose that gets attached to what ever machine I am using. I have blast gates to isolate the hose depending on which I am using. I also have it attached to a trash can separator which works really well, and if you remember to check it often keeps you from having to remove the lower bag. The 650 has done all I need, but I wish it was bigger so I didn't have to swap hoses. I think the new models are coming with a remote, I wish I had one for mine. The easier DC is to use the more you will use it :-D
Dave:)

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
I agree with the others. It will depend on how many tools you want to have connected. For single tool use you shouldn't have any problems, but if you are going to keep adding and want things "plumbed" in I would opt for the larger one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS