Drawer Slides??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc4digital

New User
Update your profile with your name
Well, I have some idea on my cabinets, now I am trying to look for the drawer slides.

Any type/brand you would recommend? Under or Side Mount?

My current thinking was Side Mount, Full Extension, Ball Bearing. I would love to hear some feedback on Undermount Slide.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well, I have some idea on my cabinets, now I am trying to look for the drawer slides.

Any type/brand you would recommend? Under or Side Mount?

My current thinking was Side Mount, Full Extension, Ball Bearing. I would love to hear some feedback on Undermount Slide.

I vote for fully conceiled ball bearing full extension slides. I've used Melpa brand slides and never used anything of higher quality. They run about $16 a pair, but are well worth it. You don't see the slide, get a soft close feature and are easy to install. Check out Custom Service Hardware: Wholesale Hardware to Anyone Who Makes Sawdust. Call us at 1-800-882-0009

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
IMO, it depends on what you want to spend. The ball bearing concealed are nice, but if you have 15 or 20 drawers that ends up being a chunk of change. Also, I believe you lose some space in the drawer depth due to them being fully concealed. They are the "ultimate" I would say.

Lower cost is ball bearing side mount, but you lose a 1/2 inch of space on each side. Then you have what I call the "standard. They mount on the side and bottom, but are not ball bearing. They are cheaper though, about $5 a pair.

All said and done, I would do the fully concealed if it was within budget. Only comment is you need to make your drawers a bit deeper in depth as you lose space and it makes it tough for spatulas, etc to fit in - Reason I know this is my kitchen has fully concealed and the drawers are too shallow.

cc4digital

New User
As always thanks for the feedback. I have been looking at accuride. I didn't know about the concealed vs not concealed. Learning something with each new post.
I will check into it further. Thanks again.:icon_thum

cc4digital

New User
Excuse my stupidity. Looking at Accuride series 3832 Slides, Black. They recommend Accuride Face Frame Brackets. Why? Don't the slide mount onto the side of drawer? What am I missing?:BangHead:

Any tips on installing the 3832, I should know about.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
IIRC, the face frame brackets are for the back of the cabinet to allow the slide to attach to the back panel at the same distance from the sides as it is attached to the face frame. You can do the same with a well dimensioned block of wood attached to the cab. side.
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS