Dovetail marker saddle squares

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I spent a couple afternoons this week at the bench. I had a visitor from the Extravaganza had admired my dovetail markers.
IMG_0284.jpeg

so asks if I’d make some for him. I finally got around to it this week. I made up parts for eight markers. I completed four.
IMG_0285.jpeg

IMG_0286.jpeg

this a designed to be used with a pencil. I’ve been using these for several years. They are great exercise in precision layout and stock preparation on small pieces of material with hand tools. This is a very satisfying project to do and you end up with a layout tool you can enjoy for years.
IMG_0283.jpeg

Westpacx3

Jim
Corporate Member
I spent a couple afternoons this week at the bench. I had a visitor from the Extravaganza had admired my dovetail markers.
View attachment 223393
so asks if I’d make some for him. I finally got around to it this week. I made up parts for eight markers. I completed four.
View attachment 223394
View attachment 223395
this a designed to be used with a pencil. I’ve been using these for several years. They are great exercise in precision layout and stock preparation on small pieces of material with hand tools. This is a very satisfying project to do and you end up with a layout tool you can enjoy for years.
View attachment 223396
Nice, I admired them as well.. I made a much bulkier marker for mine but it work. I did not trust my skill set to make some so small and petite.

I do appreciate you bringing the dovetail saws and helping me with instruction. Thanks

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice, I admired them as well.. I made a much bulkier marker for mine but it work. I did not trust my skill set to make some so small and petite.

I do appreciate you bringing the dovetail saws and helping me with instruction. Thanks
Jim, I may sale a couple out of what I have made. They are all hand tool made. they will run $55.00 including shipping for a pair.

Westpacx3

Jim
Corporate Member
Jim, I may sale a couple out of what I have made. They are all hand tool made. they will run $55.00 including shipping for a pair.
I appreciate that but I made about 8 of another style for now. They are not as nice looking but are working for skill building practice sessions.

Thanks

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS