Domino Broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nativespec

New User
David
Called customer service and they are mailing a new part. Apparently I torqued the angle adjustment lock too hard and broke the nut. There was nothing that I saw warning me of this.

This is a great tool but the manual, or lack there of, could use some improvement-it lacks any kind of instruction-then again, maybe I did not get a manual.

The tenons fit very tight so I cut a little bit extra on the left and right of my mark to avoid splitting the wood.

I am currently using this tool to build a set of chairs. I used it to tenon the 7/8" slats in the back (one end was angled) and am getting nervous because I now have to cut for the angled front to back chair sides and support stretchers.

I still think this tool is great.

Thanks,

David

4yanks

New User
Willie
A technique that I learned in Drew Langsener's book might help. Dry assemble the chair or clamp the parts together so that they line up as they will for final assembly. Then using a drill bit extension bore out the mortice with a Forstner or (my preference) a Power-Bore bit. The trick is to line up the bit extension with the location of the opposite mortice and the bit in the location of the mortice you are working on. This will require the use of a chisel to clean up the mortice, which of course negates some of the joy of owning the Domino tool. Hope this helps.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
David,
Sorry to hear about your Domino. I've had mine for a few weeks and really love it. I have learned a lot from the people participating in the discussions at: www.festoolownersgroup.com
In addition to us newbies there are a few folks from Austrailia participating in the discussion who have had a year headstart on us and have lots of advice and interesting ideas about it. Davis Dundas (Rocker) did the Zig Zag chair here: http://www.festoolusa.com/woodworking.aspx
Also I downloaded a supplemental owners guide at the US Festool site:
http://www.festoolusa.com/woodworking.aspx
There is another supplemental guide floating around from Rick Christopherson awaiting approval from Festool. I have an advance copy of this. If you want I can send it to you. PM me your email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS