Delayed Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I picked this Hitachi belt/disc sander up back in June from Lowes and finally got around to unboxing to use last week. I think my out of pocket on this was around $10-12 after a $10 local price reduction, 10% off, and using a "free" $100 gift card from my credit card co.! :gar-La;

So far I've only used the belt sander portion but I'm way happy with it so far. Dust collection is pretty good on it and I was able to sand 100 game pieces the other day in about 20-25 minutes!:icon_thum My old method of doing it would have taken me several hours, killed my elbow/shoulder, and wouldn't have been anywhere as good of a job.

BenchSander_002.jpg

BenchSander_003.jpg

Brian.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Wow, Brian, you did the double dip: you got good and you got it cheap. :icon_thum

YOU ROCK!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tools are always better when you get deals on them. Never pay retail unless you really have to have it now.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Brian,
Any tool that's almost free and improves efficiency is a worthy gloat. Congrats on the new sawdust maker :icon_thum

. . . .Never pay retail unless you really have to have it now.

Nodding in agreement :yes4lo:

Saw a bumper sticker: Real friends won't let you pay retail!

Roger

T

toolferone

Sanding stinks, so anything you can do to make it easier is a good thing. Congrats on make your sanding a little bit easier.

T

toolferone

Does it have a graphite pad under the belt? If not then I HIGHLY recomend you get some and glue it in place. Klingspor carries it and it is not very expensive. I will make your motor seem 3 times as powerful.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Tom, that's a very good question for which I must answer "I don't know"!! :dontknow: I'll definitely check the next time I'm close to it so I can pick some up if not. It makes sense that adding it would make a noticeable difference.

Thanks for the suggestion.:icon_thum

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS