Curious why a thread was locked

iclark

Ivan
User
Hello,

I am curious why the rfeeser thread in off topic was locked by an anonymous moderator?

If there is a way for me to ask that moderator this question in a conversation, I would have done that.

I have been active enough here to start a conversation with rfeeser and give him my home email, but it would have been nice to let other people know that his request has been covered.

I am one of the moderators on WoodNet.

thanks,
Ivan

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
As a past moderator on other sites (not a moderator on this one), postings like that appear to be too vague to allow anyone to even understand what the inference really is. Not knowing what is going on just appears to be suspicious. And, as such, would be best to prevent a thread from going off the rails and causing problems on this forum.
Additionally, it is real odd to have a new joining member to start right out of the gate posting issues unrelated to the NCWW forum. So, one might assume he is joining this forum to reconcile his issues on another forum. People are still free to PM him if they so desire.
NCWW is here for people to share woodworking related skills, ideas and efforts to improve everyone who participates in this forum their woodworking skill and experience + hopefully make life long woodworking friends.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
He has new user status due to the limited number of posts, although he registered in 2006.

Thank you Ivan for reaching out to rfeeser, i hope you are able to resolve his issues.

iclark

Ivan
User
Neal,

You are welcome.

I sent him my home email address here in a DM.

I put on the hat with the right privileges on WN and looked up the email address that he used to register on WN. I sent an email to that address from my home email in case he does not see the DM here. It has been so long since I saw an email address from that mail server that I am not sure that it still exists.

I very much appreciate that the off topic forum still exists here.

thanks,
Ivan

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ivan, without me needing to add anything, Casey's (Oka) comment is a good explanation of my reasons for locking the thread.

Thank you for reaching out to rfeeser

iclark

Ivan
User
Matt,
Thank you for your reply. I do appreciate that you only locked it and did not delete it.
I am glad that the off topic area exists for woodworkers to help each other.
Ivan

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors