Clearing out Wood-All is spoken for. Thanks!!! UPDATE #8 (w/pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolman

New User
Chad
Re: Clearing out Wood- UPDATE

Alan

50 - bft of Black Wanut and
50 - bft of Red Oak
If available! :cool:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Clearing out Wood- UPDATE

Alan, as REDHAWKNC1 said this is a great gesture on your part. You are helping many. I do not have any special needs but once all the claims are settled, if you let me know what is left, I would be interested in buying some.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Re: Clearing out Wood- UPDATE #2

Bump and Pics for Update #2

Trailer load of Black Walnut

PB290025.JPG

Quartersawn White Oak

PB290027.JPG

Eastern (Aromatic) Red Cedar

PB290029.JPG

Cypress

PB290028.JPG

8/4 White Oak.

PB290026.JPG

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Re: Clearing out Wood- UPDATE #2 (w/pics)

Alan:

The wood looks great! My pickup does not have a trailer hitch. :crybaby2: So, if anyone from the Raleigh area is going to pick up some of the wood, would you mind picking up the Cypress? I'll chip for gas.

If that cant be worked out I will drive down and pick up the Cypress myself. The bed of the Ridgeline probably wont be big enough for more than the load of Cypress.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Doug

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin

Hi,

I'll take all the 8/4 Black walnut. If it's not spoken for.

Thanks,
-Kevin

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member

I have a truck with a trailer hitch ..
I need to check my schedule when will work best, but we may be able to combine some loads going to Raleigh area.
Ron

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Re: Clearing out Wood- UPDATE #3 (w/pics)

I spoke with Doug Robinson and we're trying to get a group haul to the Raleigh area tomorrow morning.
I have a Dodge Ram and a 14' enclosed trailer that can go that way tomorrow morning.
If you'd like to ride with or get your wood added to the return trip let us know.
Payment to Alan would have to be made in some way (either get us the money or pay him in advance).
Alan, Is tomorrow morning OK for a pick up?

Ron

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Re: Clearing out Wood- UPDATE #3 (w/pics)

Further to Ron's post, does anyone know a good place to meet up on the east side of Raleigh near 64 and 540? Someplace where we can park to travel down and then distribute the wood on the return?

Thanks

Doug

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Re: Clearing out Wood- UPDATE #5 (w/pics)

I have the trailer hooked to the truck and ready to go tomorrow morning.
I plan on heading out early and being over near 64 and 440 at 7:45 or so.
Let me know if anyone needs lumber brought back to Raleigh.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Re: Clearing out Wood- UPDATE #6 (w/pics)

Ron and I went to Washington yesterday. Alan was agreat host! His shop is even more impressive in person. I was especially impressed with all of Alan's tool modifications. His drill press, joiner and table saw improvements were inspiring. Ron was great company. We tried to coordinate pick up for others here as we had room in the trailer, but no luck. :cry:

The wood Alan was/is offering is very nice and the price is great. Please review what he has left and make the effort to pick some up if it fits with your needs. This is the best way to make the best of a bad situation.

Doug

toolman

New User
Chad
Re: Clearing out Wood- UPDATE #7 (w/pics)

Alan is a great host, met Ron and Doug nice guys. Alan work shop looks great. And the wood was great as well. Thanks Alan. :icon_thum

woodydiver

New User
curt
Re: Clearing out Wood- UPDATE #7 (w/pics)

hello alan,
i apologize for not getting back to you sooner, it looks like you sold most of the wood, :eusa_clap:eusa_clap. I would have loved to get some, but 10 hours would have been too much for me anyway.
have a great day,
curt

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Well I've been to Little Washington and got the nickel tour. That is, of course, of Alans shop. I picked up my WO today ( I was eyeing up Dinos walnut, so you better hurry up before I talk Alan into selling it to me) and spent some time with Alan. I always like running into an ex-Jersey guy like myself (as long as its not in Jersey), Alan's a great guy and did all of us a service by getting the wood and helped out the family of his woodguy, kudos to you Alan.

Once again, where else on earth can I get dried WO for a buck a board foot. I don't know what I'll do with it, but that is to be determined at a later date.

Once again, thank you Alan.

Jimmy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS