Christmas Come Early!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

helmswatch

New User
Duke
Well mateys, it's here! Our new ShopSmith 520/Pro just arrived and we are stoked! It even has that "new car" smell. Now, where to put it?! :lol:

Guess we better order some wood and start showing some returns on all this money we have spent.

Question: Is a perpetual state of poverty normal for those in infected with the Wood Guy Disease?

Duke & Irene

Ps....So glad that the site is back up. We were going through withdrawls down here in Aurora! Thanks SteveColes for being our fearless leader.

Duke & Irene

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Yes, low checking balance is a consistent symptom of Woodguy disease. The only known treatment for this condition is independent wealth or the ability to occaissonally sell some of your work. Congrats on the new score but as you know, no pics, what Shopsmith? :lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, congratulations, I thought Christmas just ended??? I think that you will really enjoy the new machine.
Yes, perpetual poverty is a symptom of early stage WG disease, and woodworking in general.

Sorry, I have say it....no pictures, it didn't happen.

Dave:)

dang I am slow at typing, 2 replies before I got mine in.

cskipper

Cathy
Congratulations - I know you are excited. But the question remains - what Shopsmith (hint, no pictures....) :lol:

Poverty is a a perpetual state for us - unless, as noted above, you can sell some of your work. Ours at least satisfied all of our Christmas presents this last year so it didn't add to the expenses - I'm not sure that it qualifies as saving money either :lol: .

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wonderful news Duke and Irene! I suggest you put it on dry land :lol:
And as for the wood, keep an eye out for the logs in the river and hoist them aboard :mrgreen:

Have fun, but be safe
Sapwood

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
I know you dont have a pic up yet but I will give it to your anyway. The honorary suckage, You suck,,in the most loving manner. Great score. Hope to see pics of your tools soon.
Be blessed friend

M

McRabbet

Congratulations on the new SS Mk V ... Hmmm, new vessel name? We'll believe it when we see it! Perhaps you may need to install it sideways to get it in your "wee" shop, but we suspect you'll find a way! Be safe with it at all times -- and do enjoy all the pleasure of making dust!

My best to you both. Rob

helmswatch

New User
Duke
Will a picture of the SS Manual count?

Duke & Irene

Attachments

• Shopsmith Mark V Manual.jpg
    Shopsmith Mark V Manual.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 271

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Duke & Irene, congrats on your new acquisition.:icon_thum If you have a tough time fitting it in your shop just move the sofa out on the front porch and put the SS Mk V in the living room.:lol: BTW.....has anyone mentioned yet that we would like to see some pics of your latest score.

D L

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Congrads on your new machine. I often see lots of extras on ebay for the shopsmith in case you need other attachments. My friend has one of those and it is excellent for horizontal boring and lathe work. You might find out where they are doing a demonstration on those and you could probably pick up a lot of tips. If you are new to woodworking, remember saftey first!! If you are not sure how to do a cut, just ask here and as you probably already know you will get lots of advice.
I was born in Belhaven and originally from Tera Ceia. You ever heard of it?

cskipper

Cathy
Well, there was a rumor that your Shopsmith had indeed arrived but we're still waiting for pictures :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors