Chatham Co. Woodworker/sawmiller

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Roscoe

New User
William
I get it now. With a name like Rocker, what else would you be making? I really thought you liked music:) . When I cut it I'll try to get 2" boards. My brother uses it sometimes when he makes guitars and said it was white as snow. Usually the light colored woods (maple) need to be cut and put in the kiln quickly and you especially need to make sure to use stickers that ars kiln dried and light colored also. I'll keep you posted.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Roger, are you a fisherman? That looks like the ocean in the background.

William, you need to get your eyes checked :rolf:
I do surf fish some, but the avatar is land based. I'm actually sitting down with a frosty drink overlooking the harbor at Key West. :mrgreen:

Do they still hold the Silk Hope Old Fashioned Farmers Day???
I attended a couple years ago and had a wonderful time. . . .lots of tractors, steam engines, and handpowered farm equipment :icon_thum

Roger

William Roscoe

New User
William
I got my dad to check them last week and I'm good for another 100,000 miles;-) . I have not been to the Old Fashioned Farmers Day myself but heard it was fun. Where I live, it looks like an old fashioned farmers day everyday. We try make our equipment last forever:lol: . My dad rebuilds antique cars

J

jeff...

Welcome to the site and a fine group of folks. Ok if you say sawmiling kinda grows on you - then I tell one thing about you already - your not afraid of a little hard work, well a lot of hard work.:-D

What kinda band mill you have?

Thanks

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Roger, they do still have the show in Silk Hope; a good friend of mine displays his engines every year.

Denton though, is the granddaddy of all engine and tractor shows!

William - re the swing blade - let's hook up sometime this summer.

Scott

William Roscoe

New User
William
Welcome to the site and a fine group of folks. Ok if you say sawmiling kinda grows on you - then I tell one thing about you already - your not afraid of a little hard work, well a lot of hard work.:-D

What kinda band mill you have?

Thanks
Baker 3836 (or is it 3638?). Anyway I got one thats a little longer than the regular one. I can cut logs up to 24' long. It's funny, I've had it for about 5 years or more and have never actually cut anything that long. Your right about the work. I work by myself and it "grows" on your back :eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors