Card Scraper Fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I saw this trick somewhere and remembered it as I was needing to refinish some Oak trim around a countertop.
The Oak trim was waterstained around the sink and dishwasher and looked pretty ragged. I needed to scrape off the 12 y/o poly finish and reapply a new seal coat.

Start by sawing halfway lengthwise through a 1/2"X13 nut with a hacksaw. Take some sandpaper through the cut a few times to widen it a little and smooth the edges. Slide it gently from the end onto your Card Scraper and screw in a 1/2" X13 Socket Head Set Screw. Adjust to the amount you need to scrape and Shazzamm...no more scratched countertop!
Cherry_007.jpg

Cherry_006.jpg

Cherry_004.jpg

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Love the idea.:eusa_clap I'm 'old school' & probably would have used a stair button for a framing square. It may not be as large, but it's made of brass - some folks call 'em 'rafter buttons' too. If you don't have one, yours looks like the perfect setup.
I'm always surprised at some of the ways the people on this site solve problems. I never knew there was this much common sense left in the country!:thumbs_up Why don't I see more of it at work?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very cool Mark. Definitely send it in. Or better yet, use a metric nut, paint it green, and sell it for big buck$ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS