cabinet drawer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I have a single kitchen base cabinet that is about 28 inch across that I would like to have a drawer across the top. I plan to use a slide for the drawer. I planned for one drawer but now have concerns over it being a single drawer. There is an electric box in the rear side that makes 12 inches my limit on the depth. Help me decide the best way to approach this issue. If I make two drawers how would I add the support needed. Lorraine

Attachments

• 102_2456.jpg
    102_2456.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 98
  • 102_2457.jpg
    102_2457.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 108

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
One drawer is going to look best IMO. Can you not move the electrical box more towards the back of the cabinet to gain more depth?

rhett

New User
rhett
Alot depends on the type of slide you are using. Will there be a face frame involved? Euro style cabs can have slides mounted directly to the side walls. If this is face frame construction you can span the width of the box inside with a x 3"w piece of ply at your desired depth and use rear mounting sockets to catch the back of the slides. You could also off-set your drawer, apply a full size drawer front and regain the entire depth less about 4" of width.

DavidF

New User
David
You could maybe make the electric box a surface mount so that there is no hole to cover up and you would gain the inside space. With the pulling on the drawer, which tends to be a rugged sometimes, you may find you need to brace the front of the case with cross rail fixed into the case sides. That would also make the underside of drawer look "finished" when looking from the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS