Buck Saw Replacement Blade

MarkSmithB

Mark
User
Hello, does anyone know a good source for a replacement blade for a vintage bucksaw? With the turnbuckle about half tightened, the hole to hole distance is 29 inches. This does not appear to match either a 30 or 36 inch bow saw blade. I use this saw for its original purpose, pruning branches, so I'd like to keep the original 4 tooth / 2 raker pattern.

I restored this saw, so I have some motivation to replace the blade. The original blade gave up the ghost this morning.

Thanks,
Mark

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Your best bet may be to visit any local antique shops within reasonable distance

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just throwing this out there, how about contacting the Midwest Tool Collectors Association? I know their members buy, sell and trade tools and components.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hello, does anyone know a good source for a replacement blade for a vintage bucksaw? With the turnbuckle about half tightened, the hole to hole distance is 29 inches. This does not appear to match either a 30 or 36 inch bow saw blade. I use this saw for its original purpose, pruning branches, so I'd like to keep the original 4 tooth / 2 raker pattern.

I restored this saw, so I have some motivation to replace the blade. The original blade gave up the ghost this morning.

Thanks,
Mark
You can take the 30” blade and trim it down and drill a new hole on that end.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
You can take the 30” blade and trim it down and drill a new hole on that end.
Honestly this is a good answer. You can also contact the manufacturer or maybe the dealer and ask if they would do a custom sizing of a blade for you, either with custom distance holes or with no holes.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have a hole punch made for this very thing. Use an old bandsaw blade that broke while still relatively new and cut to length then punch the holes.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS