Borg Wood Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

It was a rare moment so mark it on you calenders - but I needed a 50lb box of 8d spiral shanked hot dip galvanized nails. The farm store was fresh out so I ventured into BORG.

* Crappy looking S4S construction pine is $1.00 a BF, but crappy looking 2x4's are a less than that.

* 7/16 OSB is $5.50 a sheet.

* S4S flatsawn RO is $6.00 a BF

Borg prices tell me something, well confirm what I already suspected. Demand for construction materials is low, stock is high - prices are low to more inventory. The hardwood market seems pretty stable though, so their must still be a good demand / inventory balance for hardwoods.

In case you havn't noticed there has been a lot less logging going on the past few months, yeah you may still see some but it's not near what it was just a year ago. Several small logging outfits I know have went belly up, because of the decrease paid for SYP and the increase in fuel. You can also kinda get an idea how many want out by the number of harvesters, skidders, forwarders and loaders that are forsale in the heavy equipment trader. Even pulp wood is rock bottom low at the chip yard, I mean $5.50 a a sheet for OSB, you can only pay so much for ton of pulp wood. A guy might do better processing it into firewood, but then again it's a bit late for that since it needs to season some before it's useful.

I have to say thanks Kyle for the for warning us back in the summer.

Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I had a quick and dirty project this weekend that should have used pine. But after going to Lowes and calculating that their best usuable pine was at least $3.50 a BF (not factoring the taxes), I decided to use some soft Maple that I got from you, Jeff. I now have probably the only mildly curly Maple reindeer around :-D:-D

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS