Blade change for Bosch 10" SCMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Sometime in the past month I remember reading about blade warp and alignment on a CMS. I did a search but couldn't find the thread. However I saw that DL has the same saw as I do. My questions are; best blade, best way to insure accurate blade position and any other tune up advice.
I can set the correct line for a cut but the run out is way off.:BangHead:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
How is your cut off, not square, plumb etc.?? I just bought a Freud Avanti(sp?) thin kerf 80 ATB cross cut blade for my CMS to replace the stock and dull Dewalt balde. It is a nice blade and a good price (around $40 IIRC)

Dave:)

b4man

New User
Barbara
I guess the best answer is it's not square. Let me try and explain what happens... when I set the compound 45 and cut it seems that the back side of the angle is fatter than the front where my line is. Does that make any sense?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That sounds like either 2 things. Blade deflection, the blade bending slightly. Or the wood moving slightly as the cut is being made. I have a real problem with the later. If you can clamp the piece to the saw, you might get a better cut. For deflection, slower "feed" rate and/or a sharper blade will help.
Dave:)

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thanks Dave, this is why I figured a new blade was in order but the other advice will be taken!

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Barbara, I am still running the blade that came with my Bosch and have not noticed any issues with deflection. I have had issues with the wood creeping some during a cut if I am not careful. Like Dave mentioned, if you can clamp your work piece down that will normally prevent it.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors