Bench top saw question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Does any one know which if any bench top table saws arbors are long enough for a dado set? I've been thinking of getting one just use for dados and someone told me that not all will handle it.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
i think the makita might but.... i would be concerned about the HP to run it with a dado blade. you may wind up with not so good cuts because of the saw bogging down under the load. dado's take out a lot of wood in a single pass. i had a delta motorized saw that touted 1.5 HP but it sure didnt like my dado set. tripped the internal breaker a lot. it was a direct drive saw and didnt have enough arbor to use the full dado set. if i remember correctly i could get 9/16 width or so and still use the washers!:roll: went wider once without the outside washer but i DO NOT RECOMEND IT!!!! was only 1 cut and scared the snot otta me.

fred p

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I know the $500 dewalt one can, but not the newer $350 one.

I don't know model #'s, I know $$ #'s :)

Jim

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Jim is right, the older DW744 could handle a full dado width, the new 745 can't. Still not sure I would want to set up a bench top as a 'dedicated' dado saw. Might consider a used contractor saw for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS