Arbortech Pro 4 Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Got the kit at a great price recently:-D

It has a plastic guard that goes over the metal guard and blade. It looks like this properly assembled.

Pro4onSkil.jpg

Note the 45° alignmnet of metal and plastic guard. My guard is angled at 90° and there isn't a way to alter it. Looks very much like this one.

03150.gif

So I can use the blade with metal guard attached and handle on either side, but I'm forced to use an awkward angle . . . unsafe I think.

So whadda ya think experienced users? Is it too risky?

Roger

T

toolferone

Roger, I thought on most angle grinders that the guard just rotates around after loosening it up. What does yours do different?

And BTW I guess you suck!!!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thanks for the SUCK! I got the unopened kit for under $10. :-D

The pix below says it all. Two holding screws removed and guard pushed back for clarity.

anglergrinder.jpg

I'm considering a HF cheapo for the Arbortech blade since it takes several minutes to remove or install plastic housing. This one would be available for regular discs.

Roger

T

toolferone

The HF sounds like a fine idea too, but it looks very easy to drill a couple of new holes in the guard to angle it the right way.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thanks folks!

Mike, that was my first thought too. But alas, it moves the cover 180, not 45. And since it's a rectangle, not a square the guard is a little too wide to use the two on the right or left. Also thought of slotting an arc for the screws in the guard, but that only works if it's a square.

So I'll probably go for the "dedicated arbortech tool". HF has one for $9.99 and I usually have a coupon :) Of course, I'll be careful to check the blade guard setup :lol:

Roger

sapwood

New User
Roger
Oooh, you mean like that :lol:

Just might work!

Happened to be in the BORG today and checked some out. Apparently most models have some type of collar for the guard that allows rotation. The cheapo unit was made like mine.:roll:

Thanks Mike,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS