Almost Really Hurt Myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Sounds like a great law suit! They obviously failed to put the warning label on the bit that would have surely prevented you from burning yourself.:rolleyes: That legal council was given pro bono, you can compensate me with a nice Sawstop with your millions of winnings!:rolf:

Soon straight router bits will be $150.00 and profile bit's upwards of around $500.00 - buy stock now :rotflm:

Steve W

New User
Steve
Even if it wasn't sliding in the collet, it would have still been pretty darn hot!

Ditto for sawzall blades!

:kermit: Steve

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Doug...glad you are ok.

I can add that speed of the bit doesn't matter a whole heck of a lot when it comes to generating heat. A few years ago I decided I wanted to run some internet cabling in my house. The particular place we wanted to drop a cable in one room was through a header (2x8 or 10 can't remember) ... anyway, I ran to the BORG and got one of those really long spade bits for boring holes. I had my cordless craftsman drill and went to work. After I drilled the hole, I began running the cable down the hole....I set my hand down on the shaft of the bit by accident and pulled it immediately back up. It was hot hot hot.

While working with a high speed Xerox printer (with fuser roller) .. I discovered a wonderful thing.... burn cream. It contains litocaine. This kills the pain while the salve in the cream treats the burn. Wonderful stuff...every home first aid kit should have some. And every home should have a first aid kit...especially if you have power tools :wwink:.

Again .. glad you are ok.

Glennbear

Glenn
Last night I was working on a combination sheet goods cart/ clamp rack (pics coming soon) as a result of this project I have come up with a mathematical formula which some may find helpful:
1/8 Brad point bit + 32 pilot holes + 1 hasty bit change= 2 burned fingers :gar-La;

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
I keep telling my wife if there is no blood it wasn't really that good of a project. You mean to tell me you guys don't bleed a little every now and then? Be honest now... sharp tools and flesh don't mix well :icon_scra

Jeff .. learned a valuable lesson the day I brought my project home from class and decided to do some work on it solo. Lesson: If someone comes into the shop to get your attention, (say LOYL) pay attention to what you are doing instead of looking up to acknowledge them. It was a minor issue .. I pulled the handsaw out too far and it dropped on my thumb, but it could have been a TS/Router etc...lesson learned. So first project...little blood. By your standards, I've got a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS