Alan in little washington R U OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

New User
jay
Lil' Washington is in Beaufort County which is south of Washington County. Everything is quiet around here as far as I know.
J

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Got no fire, but the sun sure is hot.

Oh, I forgot to put the drain plugs in the Hobie Cat before sailing on Monday, but caught the omission before it resulted in any embarrassment like last year. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

cptully

New User
Chris
Got no fire, but the sun sure is hot.

Oh, I forgot to put the drain plugs in the Hobie Cat before sailing on Monday, but caught the omission before it resulted in any embarrassment like last year. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

That's almost as bad as the time we went out on my mother in law's pontoon boat and lost the screw 200 feet from the dock... The cotter pin on the lock nut either broke off :kamahlituor was never installed:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:. Fortunately, another friendly boater was willing to provide a short tow!:icon_chee

alleng

New User
allen
as of this morning 35 sq miles have burned,and cause the ground is all peat,its gonna burn for some time. possibly all summer. i work at the hyde co. egg farm in ponzer. only a couple miles from where the fire started.what an awesome sight at night, luckly the wind has been on our side.except for tuesday morningthere was so much smoke in the buildings that it made the eggs smell like smokeand the usda inspector would not pass the eggs from the days run,thats adds up to thousands of eggs. i think there is like 4 million hens on the farm. as bad as it is,it could have been a lot worse ...no loss of life or homes as of yet that i know of. just pray for the firefighters and people in the path of this massive fire

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
And I was thinking of taking my Hobie to Lake Phelps for some sailing and to practice righting (clear, shallow (averaging 4.5'), pocosin lake ) right in the middle of that mess! I would need night vision goggles and an O2 mask with all the smoke!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Been on Phelps.... Great fishing if you love bass blowing up through through Lily Pads and knocking your lure 3 feet in the air. I guess I will pass until the smoke clears.

Glad to hear you are safe and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS