Air Filters & Smokers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
:slap: Quit picking on Travis!

I smoked for 7 or eight years and quit, but have other bad habits. Who's to say which ones will have the most impact on an individual??? I love the beach, water, and the sun. However, I have a strong genetic disposition for melanoma. My choice to enjoy the sun is no worse than if I smoked :dontknow:

Roger

I smoke in the shop, why go out. At least I did through 2007. I have not smoked a cigarette this year, but I want one ever day. I thought I wanted one bad enough to eat one until I tried it in January.

BLAGGGH!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I miss smoking. I quit when my son was born, 13+ years ago. I had a bad habit. Was working 16 hour days and smoking 3 packs a day. There's STILL times I get the hankering for a smoke that I feel I could waste one to the filter in one draw. :roll:

That comment is not helping me!! It doesn't go away after 13 YEARS!!!!!:dontknow:

Trog777

New User
Trog
That comment is not helping me!! It doesn't go away after 13 YEARS!!!!!:dontknow:

For the most part I don't ever think about it. But after a good meal, and somebody lights up... Or in the few scattered high stress situations I find myself these days. (Can't even think of any. Ain't that great?!) My smoking years were laced in stress unfathomable to me today. Looking back on it I was never going to reach an age where the smoking was going to affect my health. Luckily, outside factors changed that situation. I doubt seriously I could have put them down otherwise.

TBone

New User
Tommy
For the most part I don't ever think about it. But after a good meal, and somebody lights up...

Haven't touched one since I was 19 but I still get the urge like above. I had viral pneumonia and had the doc seriously talk about TB and 2 years in the hospital. Had an uncle with that and spent too many days in the hospital parking lot in Wilson while my mom visited. Had pneumonia 7 times and 3 different kinds and smoking for me was just stupid. Threw them out from hospital. I have enough trouble fighting respitory infections. I wear dust protection religously. When I retire, the next shop will definitely have a cyclone and air filters.

Have no objections to anyone who smokes as long as I can have to option to keep a distance. Just can't take the smoke any more.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I quit smoking lots of times, but this time feels for real. It's been 14 months so far. I really enjoyed smoking and wish it wasn't such a hit on my health. If they came out with a cigarrette that didn't affect your health, even if it was addictive I'd jump on it in a second.

If I was still smoking, there's no way I'd be leaving the shop to smoke. I'd probably still do some dust collection; sawdust creates a huge mess and clogs everything, beyond the health impact.

RayH

New User
Ray
As the LOML says, I have no minor vices. I was fortunate that a trip to the ER and my retirement from a rather stressful job occured at the same time. My only "almost" regression was when I went back to work part-time. That only took one day to resolve. I quite the part-time work. My best wishes and encouragement to those who want to quit and my understanding for those who do not. I'm not on the "smoke police" force.:wink_smil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS