Additional option when creating PhotoAlbum

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
From now on, when creating a Photo Album, please make the owner of the album, it moderator also. This will allow then to stick images and set category images in their own albums.

While your their you could take one or 2 of the other albums taht aren't yet that way and change them too.

Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, I don't think that I am given that option. I went through the whole list and set everything that I thought was appropriate, I guess the section that gives that option isn't available to me.????
Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
When you go into the admin control panel, select "edit categories" then fin the album you just created, look to the right and see the column with the word moderator in it? click it and enter the same name as the owner. Sorry, i didn't think to mention where the option is. My bad:slap:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, presently, are none of the album set up with owner as moderator? I was trying to see an example of what one looked when it was done the way you are suggesting.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Correct, none have been done that way except testuser. Go to edit categories in Gallery Admin and you'll see how to do it

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, I think that I have changed several albums to have owner/moderators. Mine is an example, did I do what you what done?

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
SteveColes said:
From now on, when creating a Photo Album, please make the owner of the album, it moderator also. This will allow then to stick images and set category images in their own albums.

While your their you could take one or 2 of the other albums taht aren't yet that way and change them too.

Thanks

Steve,
I changed several tonight and will try to get a few each day so we can get them all updated.

Mike

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
It looks like all of the main albums are done, if I am looking at it correctly. What about the sub-categories inside each main user-album, are they supposed to be done also? I couldn't find any of the sub-galleries that had user names listed.

Don't worry........I haven't touched or broke anything yet.:lol: Just took a look around.

D L

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
If you set a moderator for the main Album, then the sub-cats are included by default. The correct privileges are set, just not shown

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
OK, thanks for the clarification Steve. Mike and I linked up in chat last night and he walked me through the process of adding a moderator (owner) to the owner's album. He then let me do the last couple that need to be fixed and checked my work. He gave me a "GO" at this station.:icon_thum

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS