A Busy WWing Thanksgiving ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well the family came in from Florida and Ohio to spend Thanksgiving with us. A total of 18 people filled our house for the entire weekend ... and in that time we got some small projects completed in the shop!

Here's a little history of some of the events around my house ...

Turned a bat in Ash with my younger sister's boyfriend, Matt ...

Taught people how to make pens ...

Made a wine glass holder for my mother ...

Finished the Cornhole set with some paint ...

Purchased a new spray tent (or at least is my plan for it)

Turned my first acrylic pen ...

Overall ... a great time! :-D

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I do believe you got a little done over the holiday break! Looks like fun was had by all!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Jeremy,

You got a heck of a lot done, considering that you were also entertaining all those in-laws and out-laws.

I guess you weren't really hiding (in the wood shop) from the in-laws:) since you brought some of them out there with you.

Ray

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Pretty cool when you can get your guests to join you in the shop!!!
Looks like you got a lot done. That bat looks like a monster!

The family I was with was a beer and football crowd.
Still fun but no shop time.

pete

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
looks like fun. the spray room is a good idea but be sure to wear a respirator or something. you'll make your wife a widow that way!

Badabing

New User
Joe
Jeremy, all I can say is "WOW!" It must have been an awesome weekend for everyone. I wish I could get some of my family interested in woodworking. While I like to get out of the house and into the shop for some alone time now and then, I sure appreciate when someone is interested in working out there with me. I have three younger brothers, two nephews, a son and two daughters, as well as numerous other family members living here in Charlotte and not one of them wants to make anything in my shop :-(

Keep up the good work and try to recruit some new blood to the craft!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Sounds like a good time was was had by all. I pretty much goofed off and ate turkey, played a few holes of golf and drank cold beverages visiting the fam in Florida. :icon_thum

I especially like the orange and blue cornhole set...y'know, the one with the "F" on it...chop-chop!!! :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Chuck

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Great way to spend the holiday... the only thing is... did you have time to eat! Jim:-D

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Looks like you had an interesting Thanksgivings.

How does that wood chip/dust shoot work? Is it hooked up to a shop vac or a DC system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors