2 Hand Saws. - SOLD

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I got these from Ed's Tool Shop (above Roy Underhill's school) quite some time ago and never used them. Well, maybe I used them once or twice. I like pulling better than pushing! I don't know anything about them other than Ed said they were good quality saws and he had just sharpened them. There is some etching on the blades but it's barely legible. One days Buffalo something and the other has some fancy script that I can't read. One is crosscut the other rip.

I don't know what they are worth so just make me an offer and they will probably be yours.
Pickup in Pittsboro.
2 saws.png

Last edited:

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
The one on the top is a beauty. Are there names on the medallions or are they labeled warranted superior?

Last edited:

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
The bottom one appears to be a Disston D-8 from 1917-1940. You should include the blade lengths and points per inch in the description

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Those are quality saws from what I see. I don't want to insult you with a lowball offer. What did you pay for them if I may ask?

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Those are quality saws from what I see. I don't want to insult you with a lowball offer. What did you pay for them if I may ask?
No cash was involved. We traded for a Stanley #7 if I remember correctly. I could be wrong about the #7 but I do remember we traded the saws for a plane. I'm not much into hand tools except for carving chisels and gouges.

Oh, and I'm originally from New York so don't worry about insulting me. I have pretty thick skin!
I thought they were pretty good saws so I just thought they should be in the hands of someone that will use them rather than having them collecting dust in my garage,

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS