15" planer - Sale Pending

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am trying to help an elderly gentleman at my church with Parkinson's seller his planer. He may have other tools down the road but right now he wants to only sell the plane. It is a 15" 230V planer sold by WoodTek. I have verified that it runs, and I ran a piece of wood through it. He has owned it since 2015. He did purchase it used but has no recollection on how much he paid. He only used it to make a cedar hope chest for his daughter. An extra set of used blades, setup tool and manual come with it. The machine is still hooked up for inspection. He is asking $750. The planer is pickup only in Henrico, NC. That is at Lake Gaston so figure 90 minutes from North Raleigh, 90 from Durham, 2.5 hours from Greensboro or 2 hours from Richmond, VA. It will take 3 or 4 people to load it and I probably can arrange for some help on this end.

ran a
Dave Apps planer 1.jpg
it
Dave Apps planer 2.jpg
Dave Apps planer 3.jpg
Dave Apps planer 4.jpg
Dave Apps planer 5.jpg

Last edited:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I don't need it, but that seems like a pretty fair price to me - especially given the shape it appears to be in. The location/distance works against it somewhat for the likely majority of potential (urban) buyers... but many of us easily would travel this much for the right tool.

Now if this were a dust collector .... I'd certainly pay more attention.
Thanks for posting this Scott.

Henry

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
While I don't need another planer (I own four) This seems like a fair price, esp in the condition it's in. To lift it, you can run a couple of 2X4's with narrow side up thru the planer and use as handles to pick it up after removing stand bolts. FYI, this planer is a clone of the Delta DC-380. Grizzly currently sells a version.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS