Search results

1. R

Ambrosia

I was given a hundred board feet or so of ambrosia maple for Christmas. I've been trying to come up with ideas of how to use it. Too much of it in one large piece like a table may be overpowering. Has anyone used it in projects that you would be willing to share? So much thought went into...
  2. R

Bees killing my boxes

Ok. So a couple months ago I built several bee hive boxes with kiln dried yellow pine. I used box joints and Titebond III glue. I also put a nail in the end of the box in each of the second joints (four nails per end, one joint up from bottom and down from top). I did not put any nails in the...
  3. R

Combining Two Hobbies

I have two hobbies that I really enjoy....woodworking and beekeeping. I've found that there are many opportunities to combine the two. This is one of my latest beekeeping projects. They are about 90% complete. Anyone have other examples of folks using their woodworking skills in another hobby?
  4. R

Walnut Mantle Advice

I'm working on a fireplace surround and mantel and will be making the mantle out of walnut. Problem is, the mantle needs to be 9 - 1/2 or 10 inches deep, 72 inches long and 2 inches thick minimum. You'll be able to see the top and portions of the bottom. I have a stock of walnut in different...
  5. R

Torsion Table Help

I'm in the process of building a torsion box assembly table and am ready to flip it over to attach the second skin. Anyone in the Shelby area interested in helping me flip this thing in exchange for a cold beverage? I was thinking about doing it this Saturday.
  6. R

Extra long plywood for cabinets

I am building cabinets and I need a couple sheets longer than 8 feet to avoid a joint. Does anyone know where I can pick up 10 foot sheets near Charlotte? I'm planning to paint them but I'd like to have decent quality because I plan to use them for the cabinet tops. The only other thing I...
  7. R

How do you get a factory finish with oil base paint

I am getting ready to spray the outside of some cabinets I've made and I started with a Zinnser primer. I have an Earlex 5500 and an oil base white paint. When using latex, I've added floetrol, thinned and also added a minwax polycrylic to the paint with good success. How can I get that same...
  8. R

Dust Collector

Does anyone have advice on a which dust collection system to buy? I've looked at many including the Clear Vue Cyclone. I don't like the fact that it has to bolt to the wall. I like a lot of the other features though. If you have a separate fine particle filter, does it matter that much if...
  9. R

Shop drying hardwoods question

I am new to the site and I have about 500 bdf of walnut given to me as a green log that is already in my shop drying. I also have a cedar and a cherry tree that I'm planning to pick up next week and take to the mill. I plan to rack it in my shop to dry as well. I have forced air gas heat in...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS