Search results

1. NCGrimbo

It's almost time (Raffle Smack Talk Thread)

Only buying once a week? Amateur move. ;)
  2. NCGrimbo

Could you imagine the screams of "The board has rigged the raffle!!!!" if you won that many prizes? Ha ha ha. I hear there are moans when tri4sale and I keep getting our names called out and we usually win less than 10% of the prizes. But moans aside, we are shooting for 20% of the prizes...
  3. NCGrimbo

Glu-Bot

In the past, when I know I'm doing a large project and buy a gallon of glue, I use the bot for glue application. Then any remaining glue goes back into the gallon jug and I wash out the bot. But for most projects, I'm not buying a gallon jug, so I just use the glue out of the bottle it comes in.
  4. NCGrimbo

Cherry Sale - Capital City Lumber

When dealing with s2s, I believe it is the industry standard to report the pre-s2s thickness. So, yes, 4/4 s2s is actually 3/4" thick. Just like the famous 2x4 being 1.5"x3.5". :cool:
  5. NCGrimbo

Burial Urns

Just a suggestion, but maybe set up accounts on Instagram and TikToc also specifically for the urns. An occasional post there will get a younger set of eyes on it and maybe some new blood for the site. Don't forget that not everyone uses Facebook. (Such as myself)
  6. NCGrimbo

Can you let me win the grand prize this year? I need to get my ratio of "tickets bought value" versus "prizes won value" over $1. That's how we determine winning around here, right? LOL!!! :cool:
  7. NCGrimbo

Raffle Ticket Sales Hints

Please be a nice lathe. I really want one like the one raffled off a few years ago. :)
  8. NCGrimbo

Thinking about making a Cat Tree

Easiest way to keep it from tipping is to anchor it to a stud in the wall. Or just make ledges up the wall that the cat can jump to.
  9. NCGrimbo

Interesting YT post

Definitely not apples to apples. My first impression of the hand saw cut was how rough the end of the board looked. Could be that it was due to the cut being on the end of the board, but so was the power tool cut and it looked a lot smoother.
  10. NCGrimbo

Need suggestions for retractable castors for a heavy bench

The Rockler casters also come with a kit you can purchase that lets you remove the casters so you don't kick them when walking around the table. Rockler Quick Release Caster Plates
  11. NCGrimbo

Account security PSA

My current one for this site will take 3 octillion years to crack according to the site listed above. And it's a simple phrase for me to remember consisting of 22 mixed characters, numbers, and symbols.
  12. NCGrimbo

Smoke Detector

I don't know how they would handle dust, but the Nest Protect smoke detectors are what I've got in my house and I like them. Connects via wi-fi and does self testing every month. You get updates when the test occurs via the app. The app also lets you silence the alarm if it goes off.
  13. NCGrimbo

My name got changed and not by me.

I connected to the forum today and noticed that my name had been changed. It's supposed to be NCGrimbo, but this is what I see: I have no idea who ConwayCustom is, but it's not me and the forum software won't let me change the name until the end of February. My password wasn't changed, but...
  14. NCGrimbo

Oculus Quintet Wall Hook

Nice work. I'm curious where the name comes from. My first thought was that it would hold an Oculus VR headset, but I see from the picture that it won't. :-)
  15. NCGrimbo

1/4" thick mirror glass - FREE!!!

"Needs to be offered"??? Careful with your wording at the risk of sounding like you are telling me to do something. :) I'm likely to do the opposite. Ha ha ha. The dumpster I am renting for my cleanout will be in my front yard. Much closer than the local ReStore. LOL!!
  16. NCGrimbo

1/4" thick mirror glass - FREE!!!

My cleanout date shifted to September so I still have several old 1/4" mirrors and I'd rather have someone use them than send them to the dump. No frames, just the glass. They have been stored outside for about 15 years. All of them have some sort of defects on them, but I believe you can cut...
  17. NCGrimbo

1/4" thick mirror glass for sale.

I have several old 1/4" mirrors for sale. No frames, just the glass. They have been stored outside for about 15 years. All of them have some sort of defects on them, but I believe you can cut them down to smaller sizes and get some usable parts. Here's the basic information: 1) Price is...
  18. NCGrimbo

Upcoming Auction-NCWW Raffle Items

Simple. Had these items been picked up by the winners, we would have gotten $0 extra money. Any money gained by a secondary auction of these items is EXTRA $$$. Wanting to "secure the highest amount" seems greedy to me. Maybe next time you make a decision and stick with it. Or put out a...
  19. NCGrimbo

Upcoming Auction-NCWW Raffle Items

I strongly disagree with posting the current high bid. You are incouraging snipping. If you wanted to not do it as a blind auction, you should have just posted the items on eBay.
  20. NCGrimbo

Just some picnic prize information.

Based on the 3403 tickets sold as of the forum post on Saturday morning at 6:10, here are some facts I find interesting: Looking at the winners post, we can say: There were a total of 91 prizes, making the chance of winning a prize 1 in 37. 52 people won 1 prize. 11 people won 2 prizes. 2...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors