Search results

1. Umich684

Mixed Grade Hard Maple $2.5/bdft

We have 1080 bdft of Hard Maple for sale. Happy to let the whole bunk go for $2.00/bdft If you'd like to pick through for small lots we'll have to grade $2.50 - $5.00 I bought it from my uncle(a sawyer) years ago and have been using it for lots of projects. Now I need the space back...
  2. Umich684

Exterior Shutter Material Selection

I have an abundance of Hard Maple and white cedar in the shop. My house needs new shutters on the front and I'm at a loss for which material to use. I understand the natural characteristics of both woods, but if there is a solid exterior latex on all sides would the material selection matter...
  3. Umich684

Yeah, I'll try something different

The shop next to us wanted a set of stairs to get to the storage space above their office. I was in between projects and felt like fooling around. Framed plenty of stairways, even built a few volutes...but first time for a full curve. Lots of fun to build, but man does it take a lot of clamps...
  4. Umich684

great deal, SCMI edgebander ( not mine)

Found a great deal on an edgebander on the list. Not my posting, but an absolute steal for a gluepot bander bought my hot air machine for 5800. http://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/2602483440.html
  5. Umich684

HC Soft Close 21" Drawer Slides

Has anyone ever used Hardware Concepts under-mount drawer slides? The cost is 25% less than a volume discounted Blumotion soft close... It looks a little 'budget' but with the right project would save a lot of material cost Slide & Latch Thanks for any info
  6. Umich684

CNC for Rent?

Have a sign to make, and looking to put a wood blank(20x60ish) in a CNC machine to mill out a logo that has a lot of text in it (something I couldn't carve crisply). Anyone know of such a CNC machine that would be avaliable? I've input the design in AutoCAD, and can transfer to CNC protocol...
  7. Umich684

Teak wanted

Looking for 300bf of Teak, mixed grade, 8/4. Having a hard time finding any. I'm in Charlotte, willing to drive, anyone have a suggestion?
  8. Umich684

Finiahed Curly maple vanity project

Cradle to grave project for a client. Timbered the trees, seasoned the wood (all 4000bf!) milled and built a 8' double vanity. Height increased for bad backs, toe kick drawers for towel/TP storage, and chamfer center drawer stack. Would you believe I actually built this piece 12" to big at...
  9. Umich684

MI White Cedar

Got a call late last night (28th) from my uncle up at the mill in Michigan. He is making a trip to Asheville on 7 Dec. We timber/run a lot of cedar to distribute and end up having lot of 5' cutoffs (1x5). I usually like to have him bring down a thousand or so BF on these trips. Would anyone...
  10. Umich684

Dining Room Hutch Finishing

Well I can't decide the finish on this piece. Client requested a hutch to match existing glass front and table/chair set. The finish will be the Minwax golden pecan to match, but here's the kicker...she actually said "Suprise me" on the granite top color. Can't do a Travertine or slate in...
  11. Umich684

CPSC Recall Alert for G0640x

Was checking out grizzly's site and saw a recall on my bandsaw! Of all things, electrical shock on a 220v 3 phase. Yikes. So of course I open it up to see if the grounding wire was missing as suggested... 2x Yikes! I am one of 500 suspected faults in manufacturing. Grizzly service, as always...
  12. Umich684

Good deal?, Milwaukee Combo Drills

Wasn't this the top rated in Pop.Woodworking recently? The normal price is a bit exaggerated, but great margin on sale price. Amazon Link
  13. Umich684

Looking to split industrial space

Have a great lead on an industrial space, partially wired with 3phase near the airport. Looking to split 5000 sf with another woodworker. Building has 4 loading docks, all for CDL trucks, but no pull in access for normal trucks. Open shop floor with good lighting, 3 offices in the back w/HVAC...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS