Search results

1. Bas

Freud Box Joint Cutter SBOX8 $60 **SOLD**

**SOLD** Box joint cutter set for sale, model Freud SBOX8. Used on one project, set is essentially new. Only selling it because it doesn't fit my SawStop, the blade is just a bit too large to work with the brake cartridge. Easiest is pickup in Cary (High House & Davis), but I frequently drive...
  2. Bas

Freud dado set SD208 - $60 **SOLD**

**SOLD** Stacked dado set for sale, model Freud SD208. Used it only on a handful of projects, carbide still razor sharp and in excellent shape. All the chippers and shims included. Only selling it because it doesn't fit my SawStop, the blade is just a bit too large to work with the brake...
  3. Bas

Enlarging an opening in granite countertop

I bought a new 30" cooktop, but unfortunately the opening is too small. I need to cut off about 1/4" on the long end at the back of the opening, closest to the backsplash. I have zero experience cutting stone, how feasible is it to do this with an average grinder and diamond wheel? I can imagine...
  4. Bas

Next tool decision - dust collector

With the table saw on its way it's time to think about a new dust collector. I previously had the Shop Fox equivalent of the G0441, a 3HP unit. It was built like a tank. Large drum, heavy-duty construction, and both excellent airflow and separation. I think in 10 years I emptied the cannister...
  5. Bas

New workshop build

(Disclaimer: I started the process last month, so the updates I'll be posting are not real time. But this will give you the illusion I move faster than I actually did, motivating you to tackle some projects you've been putting off. You're welcome!). I moved into my new place about a year ago...
  6. Bas

Buying a SawStop

I've been without a shop for over two years now, and finally making some progress on rectifying the situation. I'll see if I can post some pictures for those of you who enjoy the process of seeing a messy, disorganized garage turn into a messy, disorganized workshop. I sold my old table saw...
  7. Bas

Electrician recommendation

It's been a long two years without a shop, finally ready to convert my 20x20 garage into a place where I can make sawdust! 'm looking for a recommendation for a good electrician in Cary to run some some new circuits. Anyone have some work done recently? Thanks!
  8. Bas

Writing out the Shrek movie

A little CNC, a little 3D printing, a jointer/ planer, and some spray finish. Woodworking has never been more fun.
  9. Bas

Tinted lacquer

I want to refinish a desk in white. I thought about doing something with milk paint to make it look antique, but now leaning to something that looks cleaner/ more modern using a tinted lacquer. Any recommendations on brand/ source (Cary)? I'll be using an Earlex 5500 to spray it.
  10. Bas

Full sheet of 1/4" prefinished maple plywood - $25

I think I got it from the Hardwood store originally. Moving and don't want to take it with me. 8'x4' maple plywood, 1/4" thick (well, almost..), finished on one side. It's got a slight bow to it, but it's always had that. Located in North Raleigh.
  11. Bas

8BF of eastern red cedar - $20

Found two more boards in the shop. 10' long, ~5" wide. $20 for both. Located in North Raleigh.
  12. Bas

Rough sawn walnut - SOLD -

I'm almost through my stash, thanks to everyone who came out to help me lighten the load. It pains me to sell all the lumber I've so carefully hoarded over the years but at least it went to someone in "the family". All I've got left is about 45bf of 4/4 walnut. This stuff has been air dried...
  13. Bas

Lumber cart - SOLD

Handcrafted, artisanal lumber cart made with highly figured OSB, reinforced with authentic resin/ hardwood plywood. Dimensions: 27" high (front)/ 51" high (back), 49" wide, 25" deep The cart is on 3" casters for easy maneuvering. The rubber on one of the casters is failing, so chances are the...
  14. Bas

Lumber/ misc. items for sale - SOLD

Since I'm moving and won't have a shop for a while I'm selling my stash of lumber. As much as it pains me to let it go, at least I won't have to move it twice. Walnut boards are 10' - 13' in length, cherry is 8' - 10', the rest is around 8' long. Species Thickness Bd.Ft Price/ bd.ft...
  15. Bas

Senco PC1131 Compressor $150 - SOLD -

For sale is a very lightly used Senco PC1131 compressor. It's in excellent condition, it's always been kept in my basement workshop. I'm moving and won't have a shop for a while, and don't really want it to sit idle for a year. Direct drive motor. Cast iron sleeve/ cast iron Head cylinder. Twin...
  16. Bas

What can I get for my lumber?

(There is already a thread called Lumber prices, so I figured I'd use something different) I'm moving soon, and plan to sell most of my lumber since I won't be able to do any woodworking for a while. Assortment of walnut, cherry, mahogany, beech, cypress etc. Any idea where to find a list of...
  17. Bas

Woodworking magazines - Free

I've got a bunch of magazines - Wood, American Woodworker, Popular Woodworking, Fine Woodworking, Shopnotes etc. Probably ~150 or so. Free pickup in North Raleigh. Must take them all.
  18. Bas

Leaf blower not working right

I have a small backpack Husqvarna leaf blower (125BT). It's probably 12 years old, definitely used it a lot. It starts fine, idles fine, but when I open the throttle, it loses power and if I keep the trigger at full it eventually dies. If I only do half throttle I can keep it going. Every so...
  19. Bas

--SOLD -- Jet 16/32 drum sander - $800

Very lightly used drum sander for sale, sander is in excellent condition. Includes the infeed/ outfeed tables, Port-a-mate mobile base, and extra sandpaper. This model has the "smart sand" feature to prevent overload. Selling it because I'm moving and most likely won't have room for it. Pickup...
  20. Bas

Shop Fox W1809 3HP cyclone dust collector —SOLD —

Shop Fox 3HP cyclone dust collector, model W1809. Lightly used in a hobby workshop. This model has been discontinued, this Shop Fox version is similar to the Grizzly G0441 Full specifications here -> - Woodstock International Inc. Motor...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS