Search results

1. Bas

Speaking of SawStop

Another happy SawStop user. 3HP PCS.
  2. Bas

Thanks for recommendation Bas!

The new LED ones are cheap, bright, buzz-free, and trivial to install. Forget about having to hit a stud in the ceiling, a piece of chewing gum will hold these up.
  3. Bas

Thanks for recommendation Bas!

I should get my own Amazon store.... :-)
  4. Bas

Setting up dust collection, differently.....

I used to have a small basement shop with the Harbor Freight "2HP" dust collector. It's probably similar in specs to what you have. I used 4" PVC for the duct work and added a Wynn filter for better airflow and filtration. You can't get sufficient air flow with 4" duct work to get the really...
  5. Bas

Laser Cut Perpetual Calendar

Nice! Really like the cutaway design of the stand for the date circles.
  6. Bas

My new workshop

@Douglas Robinson I think you're posting your shop updates in the wrong thread
  7. Bas

New shop wall cabinets

It's a magical clamp. When you're panicking during a complex assembly and the glue is setting up, this clamp will magically pull any box square. It obtained its magical properties from being forged by Christopher Schwarz ("black magic") and being carried by Norm Abraham in a plaid shirt pocket...
  8. Bas

2024 Golden Mallet Award

I second that! It's been great to see how many of the people who joined the FB group have come over to the main NCWW site as well - all thanks to Mark's tireless work
  9. Bas

First project in new shop

Please time the completion of the Maloof Rocking Chair with a hot day in summer. Hell will freeze over on that day, bringing some cool relief here :-)
  10. Bas

Drill and Driver Poll

I have the 18V white Makita drill and impact driver. Batteries need to be charged a bit more frequently now, but they're 16 years old. Not too bad. The Makita has plenty of power for just about anything, but it's considerably lighter than the Rigid, DeWalt etc. Weight matters.
  11. Bas

Officially a New York homeowner

For someone who just moved and started a new job you're making amazing progress! Took me over a year just to get started, let alone get electrical, tools. etc. installed.
  12. Bas

Making Wood Vertical Blinds

Wow, that's definitely some special window treatment. Very nice!
  13. Bas

Oh good, that'll keep the dust contained 🤣
  14. Bas

Grandfather Clock

Glad you're committed to finishing the project, that is looking GREAT!
  15. Bas

Common pine for the studs? Not quartersawn white oak, or at least spalted maple? Philistine...
  16. Bas

Freud Box Joint Cutter SBOX8 $60 **SOLD**

To provide a little more detail: The blades are 8 1/8" in diameter. The SawStop has some adjustments to account for minor differences in the diameter, but the extra 1/8" is pushing it to the max, and the resulting gap between the blade and cartridge is less than the recommended spacing. My...
  17. Bas

Freud Box Joint Cutter SBOX8 $60 **SOLD**

**SOLD** Box joint cutter set for sale, model Freud SBOX8. Used on one project, set is essentially new. Only selling it because it doesn't fit my SawStop, the blade is just a bit too large to work with the brake cartridge. Easiest is pickup in Cary (High House & Davis), but I frequently drive...
  18. Bas

Freud dado set SD208 - $60 **SOLD**

**SOLD** Stacked dado set for sale, model Freud SD208. Used it only on a handful of projects, carbide still razor sharp and in excellent shape. All the chippers and shims included. Only selling it because it doesn't fit my SawStop, the blade is just a bit too large to work with the brake...
  19. 1706669664-picsay.jpg

1706669664-picsay.jpg

20. 1706669634-picsay.jpg

1706669634-picsay.jpg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS