Search results

1. P

Help with retractable castors

Update - I installed the 2nd side of arms and casters and took more time to line the hinges up so that the pivot points are completely parallel to each other. This went well. There is still a little binding due to the geometry but I guess that it is just the right amount so that the mechanism...
  2. P

Dove Tail Question

That is one sharp saw. I'm going to have to improve my tools.
  3. P

I'm going to try slightly loosening the screws for the center hinge. I've also decided to do the 2nd side of "arms" and casters but be more careful in how I'm aligning the arms and the hinges. I've inserted a photo to help demonstrate the problem. When the arms are horizontal the pivot point...
  4. P

Not sure about "when not installed." If you mean that the hinges that are connected to the frame are not attached to anything and only the middle hinge has to move - no, then there is no binding. However, if the hinges on the ends are connected to the frame then, yes, they still bind. I think...
  5. P

It's not a caster issue because I can prop the frame up on blocks like you see it in the photo I posted above and the binding still happens. The casters just barely touch the ground in the fully extended position when the frame is propped up so they don't really come into play. It's a geometry...
  6. P

What has to happen for me to have that option? Is it time based or based on the number of posts I have?
  7. P

I did see that. The issue with that method is that you have to lift the table in order for the casters to fall. Since the laundry pedestal will have a washer and dryer on it and also be in a little alcove in the laundry room, I'd like to use the mechanism that uses a lever to lift the whole...
  8. P

I want the casters so I can roll it in or out of position in an alcove in the laundry room. The shelves go on the bottom of the top frame. The arms are on the bottom frame so they won't be in the way at all. Did you look at the post I referenced above for the rolling lathe cabinet. TedAs...
  9. P

I'm making a laundry pedestal using plans I found from "This Old House" (Plans Here). However, I'm making two major changes to the plans - I'm putting in pull out shelves to rest the laundry baskets on, and I'm putting the whole thing on retractable casters using a method I found on this site...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS