Search results

1. aircooled

Free Black Forest Clock - some assembly required

I'm interested and in New Bern. Never messed with a clock before but it looks intriguing!
  2. aircooled

Excalibur Fence Free (New Bern)

For anyone not aware, Joe is a stand-up guy! Joe, it was great meeting you today and I really appreciate the fence. NCwoodwork.net is a great community.
  3. aircooled

Excalibur Fence Free (New Bern)

Boy howdy! I'd love that and I'm in New Bern!
  4. aircooled

COVID 19

You're right, those are much larger %'s than the one's previously quoted.
  5. aircooled

We're moving the raffle up!!

Not exactly easy to find...did it happen? Would have been fun to tune in. I was expecting a sticky at the top of the forum or a banner link or something...wasn't expecting silence.
  6. aircooled

Intercom for shop and house

We've got a couple "Alexa" devices that do the trick.
  7. aircooled

Any roofer recommendations for ENC: New Bern?

You've got three years to complete repairs
  8. aircooled

That's what I thought too. Their recommendation was to check on Facebook...
  9. aircooled

I've been having a heck of a time finding a reputable roofer in the New Bern area. There's plenty of roofers but trying to separate the wheat from the chaff is difficult. Does anybody have any first hand recommendations? I need an entire new roof post-Florence.
  10. aircooled

Grizzly Equipment - $500 (New Bern)

Thanks! If I can get the motor squared away i think I will have a heck of a deal.
  11. aircooled

Grizzly Equipment - $500 (New Bern)

Well I bought the table saw anyway. Motor is locked up so it'll come out first for inspection. Otherwise it looks pretty good.I don't think it ever went swimming. Anybody have any idea what model it is? It has a 2003 motor.
  12. aircooled

Delta jt360 jointer for rebuild or parts

I would gladly take it! I live in New Bern
  13. aircooled

craftsman 113 table saw motor?

Thanks for the tips Charlie. Those connections are all sorted now, at the time I was waiting for my new paddle stop switch (~$12) to show up from Amazon. Here it is, installed. Also, I bought a couple 6" cast iron hand cranks from ebay (~$25 delivered) to replace the original plastic 5" cranks...
  14. aircooled

Here's the motor mocked up (note the wirenuts) to verify clearances. I also added a new link belt. And replaced the existing pulleys with some nice ones from McMaster Carr.
  15. aircooled

Here's my 220v 3Hp Harbor Freight replacement motor (its a little bigger than that 1/3hp motor) Using the 20% coupon is was ~$130 bucks. Its an ODP motor and I'd like to replace it at some point in the future with a sealed Baldor or similar if one ever comes up on Marketplace or Craigslist.
  16. aircooled

And a finished photo of the top. Note the 1/3hp washing machine motor that came with the saw. I've discovered that a free tablesaw is much like a "free" puppy...there's no such thing.
  17. aircooled

So here's an in-progress pic of the rust removal on the table. I used phosphoric acid to get the job done.
  18. aircooled

For Sale Rockwell 8" Jointer

I'd buy that in a heartbeat if you were in eastern nc!
  19. aircooled

That was my first thought! Very rarely have I seen a motor that couldn't be repaired - unfortunately, it had already been tossed.
  20. aircooled

Yeah, I'm hoping to find a used motor on Facebook or craigslist. Just missed a 1.5hp on craigslist for $50.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS