Search results

1. T

Making shaped cuts in a 6" Oak Cookie

Hello all, I am making some intricate cuts in a 6" oak cookies, 18" diameter. My Makita jigsaw with a 9" blade didn't work well and the blades got broken at the base. Maybe I am going to fast! But its not moving really I am thinking about a sawzall and a diablo carbide blade? Any thoughts?
  2. T

Wood identification help

Any thoughts on the wood specie? :)
  3. T

Squaring Rough Cut Wood

Hello everyone, I have some rough cut pine that I need to glue together for a carving project. The lumber is not square and I need joint edges to glue them up. I have a bandsaw, table saw and a planner. I usually would use a jointer jig on my table saw or my planner but the lumber is 3" x 8" so...
  4. T

Help identify this?

Can anyone help tell me what this wood is? Also, what are the black lines in the wood. The bark was tough to get removed and the wood looks okay dry.
  5. T

Slab planning

Hi Everyone, I have 3 oak slabs I need to plan but my little planner won't fit. The widest slab is 17". Any ideas on who offers planning service around the Cary/apex area? Best -Tarek
  6. T

Planer Sled!

I am out of ideas :) I have a piece of oak that is 3.5" H x 5.5" W x 40" L. The oak was drying and it twisted along the process. Just alittle. I have a planer and thought planer Sled here I come! I made a sled using 0.5" plywood that is rigid and straight. Shimmed the oak so no more rocking...
  7. T

Drill Press Question

Hello everyone! I just picked up a used drill press that had semi torn belts. I was able to lessen the tension on the motor pulley but have no clue how to pull the idler (center) pulley from place or lessen it's tension to put on a new belt on. All the videos I saw online showed the idler...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS