Search results

1. M

Do CNC's use .stl files?

I know nothing about using a cnc for wood. Can I design a project in Solidworks, then export the file as a .stl to make parts? Or do I need a software specifically tailored to wood cutting CNC's? Future projects may include signs, cutting out silhouettes of state shapes ( in 3/4" thick maple)...
  2. M

Selecting Band Saw

I have a Laguna. I hate the guides and I think they are a pain to adjust. I found a used Jet just so I don't have to change blades on the Laguna. I think I will buy new guides for the Laguna.
  3. M

Making side bead planes

Thank you for posting this, I learned a few things! Are the irons tapered, or are they the same thickness the entire length? Do you harden, then temper the irons after they are shaped? Great work!
  4. M

Quick release front vise

Yes, the new owner will remove the string, then it will function as designed. I was cleaning up the shop and I didn't to lose any parts. It is a home made handle.
  5. M

Quick release front vise

I am selling an "Economy Quick release front vise." I believe I purchased it from Woodcraft. WoodRiver Economy Quick Release Front Vise | Woodcraft I am selling this because I bought a pattern vise. $70, Pick up in Mountain City, TN. This vise has a quick release feature that uses a...
  6. M

Windsor chair seat blanks

I am getting ready to mill up some Eastern white pine . I was thinking of milling some 9/4 for seat blanks. Is there much demand for seat blanks? Is the preference to have rift sawn, plain sawn or quarter sawn blanks? I don't know if I will be able to get any full sized blanks in one piece...
  7. M

Rocking chair builder?

Yes, I would do it. Do they want an adult size or child size chair? Ernie Conover had a nice article in Fine Woodworking ( many years ago) building a shaker rocker. I have built one full size and 4 or 5 child sized rockers. For the child rockers, I made it 2/3 the size of full size.
  8. M

Mover Recommendations for Shop Move From Charlotte to VA

When we moved from Minnesota to Tennessee we used ABF/ U Pack. They drop off a 28 foot trailer at your house. You have three days to load it. The trailer had a nice ramp. I needed help with my heavy tools. Everything else, I loaded myself. UPack then takes the trailer to your new location. You...
  9. M

Ramp walking toys

Does anyone make ramp walking toys? If so, can you share tips, techniques and a source for patterns/plans?
  10. M

User made tools

Do you have a jig that helps with the spacing of the fret grooves?
  11. M

Looking for a plan....

I have a free library app called Libby. I was able to view the issue online. You will need a library card to use the app.
  12. M

Looking for hardware, drop front

I am looking for the hardware for a drop front panel ( see photo) to make a toolbox. What is the name for this type of hardware? Does this panel have a specific name? Thanks.
  13. M

Bandsaw goes click-click, click-click --- and dies

Once it's fixed, please let us know what was wrong.
  14. M

Bandsaw goes click-click, click-click --- and dies

Does the motor make a humming noise when you turn the switch to " on"? Or any other noises? Do you have a magnetic starter switch or does the motor have a simple toggle switch?
  15. M

The age of wastage

Our cat thinks all of those boxes from Amazon have been ordered specifically for her to play in.
  16. M

Crosscut Sled

William Ng has a nice video on making a sled.
  17. M

Looking for source

I see Hobby Lobby has 3 " metal magnets. Would those work? https://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Decor-Frames/Mirrors-Wall-Decor/Magnets/United-States-Marine-Corps-Metal-Magnet/p/80824494?queryId=d87764db0965610d812f5b788a64bfee I don't know if they have them for other branches. When you said What...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS