Search results

1. cobraguy

I always enjoy it, but don’t do it often enough…

Working with hand tools is such a pleasant thing for me. Every time I do, I think how relaxing it is. There’s just something about feeling the cuts and getting those curls. I’m working on some shelving for a storage closet. I try to experiment with new techniques in places where a screw up...
  2. cobraguy

Hobby Room Shelving and Cabinetry - WIP

I am usually terrible at documenting projects and especially taking pics along the way. This is an attempt to be better at both. And I tend to the verbose, so apologies. When we built our retirement home 12 years ago we didn’t count on the topography supporting a basement until our builder...
  3. cobraguy

ShopBot Tools Training Certificate - free w/ donation to NCWW

I won a certificate for training from ShopBot Tools in the NCWW raffle. This looks like a great prize, but I do not own a CNC machine. Though I have followed some threads with interest on CNC in the workshop, I will not be ready to pull the trigger on a machine anytime soon. I offer this...
  4. cobraguy

Spline Material Question

I’ve started a project using Brazilian Tigerwood flooring left over from when I built my house about 8 years ago. It machines OK and it’s good to work with something other than the SPF I’ve been using for some utility type projects. I plan to try some corner splines for the first time. Here’s...
  5. cobraguy

Screw Hole Repair Suggestions

I recently bought a new (to me) desk for my office. It's in pretty good shape for a used piece, but there is one thing I need to address before putting it in place. The previous owner mounted something to the side of the desk leaving four holes in the veneer. I have a few ideas on how to...
  6. cobraguy

Desk Refinishing Recommendation - ALKAT?

I mentioned my basement study re-work in DSWalker’s question to the group on what everyone was doing this wet weekend. Well, the end is in sight (only baseboards left to install) and I will be out of the storage room and back in my study with windows again. YEAH!! LOML granted...
  7. cobraguy

Not a Tool Tote

When Phil S provided a chunk of cedar for us to learn/practice resawing, planing and jointing a few weeks ago in the Basic Skills workshop, his intent was for everyone to walk away with a good start on a tool tote. Fast forward and when I went to use the resawn boards, all four had cupped due to...
  8. cobraguy

New Guy in Lee County

Been piddling around off and on for about 30 years. I'm finally setting up a shop in the basement to get after finishing some of the details around the house. Also slowly relocating tools (power and hand) from my dad's shop over in Sampson County. Looking forward to turning noise into saw...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS