Search results

1. V

Free lights

Well, I won’t be able to pick up 4 now. Wife “reminded” we have an event on Sunday morning.
  2. V

Free lights

4 would be nice, but whatever is resonable!
  3. V

Free lights

I could get them on Sunday Phil! At least a few of them
  4. V

Free lights

5. V

Baltic Birch

Rugby Architectural supply caries it. They are over by Northchase. Bought it there several times.
  6. V

Danville VA CL - Grizzly 12" jointer (planer) - $1500 (Vernon Hill)

Thanks. I love it! It’s heavy, but not impossible. You can also take the bases, motor, etc off to make much lighter. At the expense of additional setup.
  7. V

Table done with modifications

Love it!!!
  8. V

Danville VA CL - Grizzly 12" jointer (planer) - $1500 (Vernon Hill)

Moved my 16” Oliver (over 2000) using my little utility trailer, a harbor freight winch, floor jack and a custom homemade dolly! I had all the stuff laying around for that. Definitely not for stairs!
  9. V

Want to buy a Large Jointer

Ron is absolutely correct. BTW: PM sent to you Ron
  10. V

Looks awesome. Definitely needs some love, but I’m up to it.
  11. V

Steven, A jointer and planer are complimentary tools in the milling process. A jointer is usually used to establish a straight/true/flat face on one side of a piece of lumber, and a square edge to that face. A planer is then used to bring the opposite face parallel (consistent thickness) to the...
  12. V

Ron, maybe it’s similar to the 30inch model on page 3 of this old catalog? If so, it weighs about 2600 pounds! The reason I was looking for a large jointer was to have the ability to joint the panels off my sawmill (up to 28” wide) with a minimal number of ripping and reglues. With that thing, I...
  13. V

Sounds like 20 might do it!!!
  14. V

T Targets are meant to be missed!!! It maybe to large for my needs but I would love to have another piece of American iron in my shop and put to use.
  15. V

Jeff, We were talking about the width of the Jointer. In other words, how wide the cutterhead is. 32 inch is massive, and I thought that porter only made Jointers up to 24 inch. Some quick research on the vintage machinery forum showed they actually made jointer/facers up to 36 inch. Not the...
  16. V

By the way. Don’t go out of your way digging through the shed in the heat. I’m already interested enough to want to see in person.
  17. V

32inch is massive...but I am interested. If I can afford it!!! I have a space large enough for it I think. Porters are great machines. I will be coming through your are not this weekend, but the next (July 27-28). I would like to come and take a look at it if you are around. After that I have 3...
  18. V

Thanks so much guys!!! Contacted sellers about 2 of them. Keep them coming if you see them.
  19. V

Looking to upgrade to a jointer in the 12”-24” range, 16” being the target. Preferably an older machine that will not cost me a ton of money. I have the ability and tooling to restore/repair the right candidate. I have been looking at the combo machine and those would be of interest as well. Thanks

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS