1. D

July 2023 Monthly Contest - Small tables and stands - Post here

Craftsman style table of my own design
  2. D

Keepsake boxes

These are beautiful!
  3. D

Need Carpenters Help

Thanks guys! I thought about cutting them out, which is the easiest way, but what about installing the new ones? Can I do this with the rail in place, or will I have to remove it?
  4. D

Need Carpenters Help

I am putting down wood floors in the upstairs of my house and I want to refinish the rail and bottom plate of the rail that looks over to the first floor (see picture). What is the best way to remove the spindles without damaging the rail or bottom plate? I plan on replacing the spindles with...
  5. D

SketchUp Workshop Online

I can do Tuesday, I can't make it Thursday, bit I'd definitely watch if it were recorded.
  6. D

SketchUp Workshop Online

Definitely interested, just cast my vote for day/time.
  7. D

Swirl marks and finishes calling for coarse sanding

I work almost exclusively in QSWO and have found that anything over 150 grit causes the wood to not hold stain as much as I would like (can't get the wood dark enough), so I have become very good at getting a good finish with low grits. Don't press down, change paper often and get a good form...
  8. D

GONE-Lie Nielsen Plane

This won't last long...not mine. https://greensboro.craigslist.org/tls/d/high-point-lie-nielsen-bronze-no-plane/7462654387.html
  9. D

SOLD-24" Flatmaster Drum Sander

I have a 24" Flatmaster drum sander for sale. It's about 6 months old. I bought it to flatten a component that was part of a piece I was making a lot. The part had to be perfectly flat and this worked great. Now, I don't make this piece anymore and have no need for the Flatmaster. It's a...
  10. D

Omga Italian Miter Saw

I have used one and they are extremely accurate and stable. They are square and they stay square. They are more for productions shops and I think they don't attract hobbyists because they don't slide and don't have a large cut capacity.
  11. D

Curved apron

I just did this, made a 38" round apron for a table. I made a large form out MDF for half of the circle. I used thin strips glued up in the form, then I joined the two halves using floating tenons. Finally, I put one long veneer over the whole thing to cover the joints. It came out really...
  12. D

CNC Bits

I use CNC bits every single day, mostly 3/8", 1/4", and 1/8" up spiral cutting hardwood and I've tried them all. Amana is the worst buy for your money. They are expensive and break very easily, and they wear out just as fast as anything else. I believe you are paying for the marketing, not a...
  13. D

Dovetails on Leigh Jig

Very nice! You are definitely getting more and better use out of it than I did.
  14. D

Noise from DC

Thanks guys, I guess I'm leak hunting.
  15. D

Noise from DC

When only one gate is open on my Oneida 3HP DC, I have recently started hearing a high pitched almost 'whistle' sound. I have to open a second gate about halfway to get rid of it. Does this mean I have a leak somewhere? I haven't noticed any drop in suction. Thanks for any help.
  16. D

Fuji Spray System Owners

I have the Semi Pro 2 and have no complaints. I also use the 3M PPS 2.0 disposable cup system and love it.
  17. D

Decision made to downsize "shop" - upcoming "clean-out sale"

If you have any of that plywood that we got a few months back, I'll take it!!
  18. D

GONE - FREE - Peruvian Walnut in Greensboro

I have approximately 10BF(9.75) of Peruvian Walnut free to whoever wants to come get it. I bought it for a project, but had an allergic reaction to it, so I'll never use it. Thanks, David
  19. D

Worksharp WS300 with Knife sharpener - SOLD

I have a WS 3000 that is in great shape. Includes everything that came with the kit plus the knife sharpener and a leather strop wheel. Let me know if you have any questions. Asking $200
  20. D

ALL CLAIMED: 5/8" PREFINISHED Baltic Birch Plywood (4x8)

I'm available Thursday to pick mine up, just need the where and when. I'd like to be at Larrys when you get there to help unload.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS