Search results

1. 7

Boling Chair Casters?

Van Dykes had just what I needed. Not too bad of a price either, $4.97 each with brass inserts. Thanks for the feedback..... 74JB
  2. 7

Boling Chair Casters?

Bought an old bankers style chair by Boling Chair Company. It was missing it's casters but for only $20, I still bought it. Does anyone know where to but some heavy metal casters and maybe even a caster socket? I'm sure I can find some stuff online but thought I'd start here first. Thanks! Joe
  3. 7

Grizzly 6 inch jointer cleanup.

Jeff, Hope this helps....
  4. 7

The cutterhead knives are out getting sharpened so I went ahead with some more cleaning. The old cutterhead bearings were shot so I pulled them off and then pressed on some new NTN bearings and cleaned up the cutterhead. I went ahead and took both tables off the dovetail mount and then took...
  5. 7

Thanks for the info on the Bob Vaughan video. I just watched it. Really good detailed video...
  6. 7

That owners manual has some good general info. Thanks!
  7. 7

Getting the machine shop to line up those blades after a sharpening is probably wishful thinking on my part. This is still part of the extended clean-up from having just purchasing this jointer. I haven't cut a board on it yet. The knives had some nicks in them or I was just going to leave...
  8. 7

I took the cutterhead out this afternoon and cleaned it. I did not remove the knives as I don't have a straightedge or micrometer on hand to properly set them. Also, all three of the 12 mm wrenches I have are too thick to access the knife locking bar bolts. Is that bar and bolts that lock the...
  9. 7

Yes, thanks to all. The photos are helpful. Going to change the belt out this weekend. Hopefully the belt fixes the noise. We will get to tuning after I get that and the base rocking settled.
  10. 7

Did you use a feeler gauge with the straight edge to set the tables parallel?
  11. 7

Grizzly Tech Support confirmed what Redbeard stated, it is indeed a G1182. It's a first generation and they were very specific that I point that out when ordering parts or calling for assistance. Looks like it was made right around 1991. Thanks to everyone for all of the input. Very helpful.
  12. 7

RedBeard, That paint job looks great! I like the rolling base you have it sitting on. It looks to be a double layer of 3/4 inch plywood. Do you have to lock it down when in use or is it stable from the weight of the machine? That might solve my crooked stand problem and obviously make it...
  13. 7

I buy the ospho at the local trailer supply store but I've seen it in NAPA before. I didn't use it until the very end and then it was only a quick wipe on and buff off after sitting for 30 seconds or so. It really did the trick on converting that brown rust and cleaning up the table. The...
  14. 7

couldn't find a way to organize the order of the pics.....
  15. 7

Long time lurker here. It's been almost 30 years since I've used a jointer but I've had the itch for a while now to build some things. I realized that waiting until you build a shop and collect all the tools means that you're not building anything in the meanwhile. Bought a used Grizzly...
  16. 7

New member....Wilmington

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! jp
  17. 7

New member....Wilmington

Hey everybody, greetings from cold Wilmington. I've been searching the web, planning a project and kept hitting on this site so figured I'd sign up. I've already learned a bunch via the search function. Thanks much! 74JB

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS