Search results

1. Red Oak Burl Bowl

Red Oak Burl Bowl

A piece I turned for a friend of mine. This grew in his daughters yard.
  2. Red Oak Burl Bowl

Red Oak Burl Bowl

3. Red Oak Burl Bowl

Red Oak Burl Bowl

4. Red Oak Burl Bowl

Red Oak Burl Bowl

5. Red Oak Burl Bowl

Red Oak Burl Bowl

6. Sourgum Bowl

Sourgum Bowl

Turned this one wet. It smelled of cinnamin and man did the water fly!
  7. King Size Raised Panel Red Oak Bed

King Size Raised Panel Red Oak Bed

The wood came from an old tree in my neighbor's yard. It was well worth the time it took to mill and dry the lumber.
  8. Corner Cupboard

Corner Cupboard

A little aggressive for a first project, but ti turned out great. Wish I had built it in two pieces though! It's actually pine with many coats of cherry gel and urethane
  9. Dusty Sawyer

Chainmill Sharpening - Score one HFT

Good notes on the reason for the angle of the teeth - makes sense to me. Chainmilling is for sure a dirty and loud alternative, but then again I can't afford a big mill and often the sawlogs are located in out of the way places where hauling it out wouln't be an option. The videos on the net...
  10. Dusty Sawyer

When my chains were new I was grinding them at 30 degrees - factory setting. But now I have them at 0 degrees. The key is to use skip or semi-skip chain. Regular chain will work just fine, but it tends to bog the saw down quickly and eventually burn out the motor under the additional heat and...
  11. Dusty Sawyer

Thats the one! Did a nice job for me
  12. Dusty Sawyer

When my chains were new I ground them with a roundfile, but since getting the HFT sharpener I changed over to a 0-degree chisel-tooth. It moves faster than I can ever remember.
  13. Dusty Sawyer

:thumbs_upFor years now I've been milling my own lumber but have been hand sharpening my blades. My rig is a Stihl 044 with a 30 inch bar using semi-skip chain on a Granberg mill.... that adds up to 105 teeth on a blade. I had done some in depth reading recently to find out why I wasnt able...
  14. Chainmilled Cherry

Chainmilled Cherry

Free Cherry from my neighbor's yard
  15. Dusty Sawyer

Roadside Treasure

Rich, Already ahead of you on sealing the ends. I sliced it up and covered them with a wax emulsion before leaving on vaca. Now to lose the bark.
  16. Dusty Sawyer

FINALLY finished the bed.

This is a great piece of work - many different skills orchestrated to make a masterpiece. I'm curious about how you created your signature, is it burned in, stamped, free-handed? David
  17. Dusty Sawyer

Walnuts!

Not sure if you have plans for cabinets yet, but I opted to save some time and bought a bunch from Habitat for Humanity's ReStore shop. I ended up with Pickled Oak cabinets and matching shelves/doors for $500. All it needed was a 3/4 MDF on top with a couple coats of Urethane.
  18. Dusty Sawyer

Roadside Treasure

Lots of nice wood available up here including Red Oak, Buckeye, Maple of all varieties, Black Walnut, something they call RedBud (not like the ornamental), and of course, Osage Orange.
  19. Dusty Sawyer

Roadside Treasure

So the LOML waits until almost midnight the other night to tell me that she saw an interesting looking pile of wood on the way home that had a sign saying "Free" next to it. Being your average wood-guy, I had to get into the van and investigate. By the time I got there, only two pieces...
  20. Found Osage Orange Logs

Found Osage Orange Logs

Found roadside marked "free firewood"

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS