Charlotte Area Members We Want Your Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Always interested but work always gets in the way. Keep me in the distribution and I'll try to participate. Thanks.
Typically my problem... all those expectations to deliver on what you are being paid for versus what you WANT to do! :rolleyes:

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks, everyone - this sounds promising!
Personally, I will likely be out of town the last week in September, but don't reschedule - let's just DOUBLE DOWN!!

Let's plan a few things!
I REALLY like the idea of Matt doing a demo or a workshop???!!!
Do we want or need a sharpening workshop? (Planes, Chisels, card scrapers etc.)
Hand saw Sharpening?

Like Charles, I work out of a small place - otherwise everyone would be welcome here...

Nick, if you are willing to host let's make it happen!
(I am REALLY looking forward to this!)

Robb Parker

New User
Robb
I'll throw my hat in for host. Near Lake Norman in Denver off Rt 16. Available almost any weekend. Beach 9/10-9/16. Both Sept and Oct dates suggested work.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'm sure interested, as long as hillbillies are welcome. You have more than enough to have a successful get together on a monthly basis. A small demo can possibly be incorporated into each meeting. Anyhow, let's do this thing and ROLL!

LB75

George
As I mentioned to Nick and Hank in messages this week, I'm in and am offering up my shop in Concord as one of the locations. I'm off of Hwy 49 just past Harrisburg, behind Central Cabarrus High. I have plenty of room to host at least a dozen people and we can do just about any workshop with the exception of hand tool work. I don't have a heavy enough bench to deal with aggressive hand plane and chisel work. Just let me know!

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
As I mentioned to Nick and Hank in messages this week, I'm in and am offering up my shop in Concord as one of the locations. I'm off of Hwy 49 just past Harrisburg, behind Central Cabarrus High. I have plenty of room to host at least a dozen people and we can do just about any workshop with the exception of hand tool work. I don't have a heavy enough bench to deal with aggressive hand plane and chisel work. Just let me know!
So, the first workshop is a Moravian bench or a traveling workbench! ha ha

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm sure interested, as long as hillbillies are welcome. You have more than enough to have a successful get together on a monthly basis. A small demo can possibly be incorporated into each meeting. Anyhow, let's do this thing and ROLL!
Hillbillies ARE welcome!
But we want you to come too, Bruce!

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
I am interested in meeting you guys in person. I am tied up with the late stages (I hope) of a new workshop so don't have time to get out much but will try.

NTCook

New User
Nick
Thanks, everyone - this sounds promising!
Personally, I will likely be out of town the last week in September, but don't reschedule - let's just DOUBLE DOWN!!

Let's plan a few things!
I REALLY like the idea of Matt doing a demo or a workshop???!!!
Do we want or need a sharpening workshop? (Planes, Chisels, card scrapers etc.)
Hand saw Sharpening?

Like Charles, I work out of a small place - otherwise everyone would be welcome here...

Nick, if you are willing to host let's make it happen!
(I am REALLY looking forward to this!)

Per your PM, if you want to try to get one together in August I can only do the 5th or the 26th. I'll be on vacation the 12th and CATS will have a full light rail system shutdown on the 19th that I have to work all weekend for.

If we can get a few people out to my place on one of those weekends I'm happy to host it. I could do an impromptu sharpening demo if needed but don't think I can get much else together before then. Maybe someone else can demo something on short notice?

LB75

George
Per your PM, if you want to try to get one together in August I can only do the 5th or the 26th. I'll be on vacation the 12th and CATS will have a full light rail system shutdown on the 19th that I have to work all weekend for.

If we can get a few people out to my place on one of those weekends I'm happy to host it. I could do an impromptu sharpening demo if needed but don't think I can get much else together before then. Maybe someone else can demo something on short notice?

I could attend something on the 26th, the 5th is the day before I leave for a week long camping trip with the family.

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
All of the dates listed so far are good for me. Count me in and let me know when things get finalized up. Really appreciate the effort everyone is making to make this happen and the offers of hosting. I don't know if I'm too far out to host (about 50 miles south east of Charlotte) but I would be willing to host and even grill burgers, etc. for the group at some point. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in person.

Rob Liles

NTCook

New User
Nick
found this late. can i still sign on?

Yup!

So, the 26th of August for the first meetup at my place. October 7th for the 2nd meetup, location TBD from the group that have volunteered?

What would be a good time... 4 ~ 5pm start?

I'll have a few burgers, dogs, beers, etc.

Also, if you want some red/white oak slabs I've got plenty for sale... just sayin'.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
​Hank, Did this ever happen. I'm fairly burned out on Charlotte Woodworking Club's efforts to "improve" the club. I'm one of those guys who thinks if it an't broke dont fix it. I would like the NCWW meetings.

Pop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors