CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Tell me... What is it you see here?

uploadfromtaptalk1427246900057.jpg

ShawnS

New User
Shawn
glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. Maybe we should start a group to talk about it. Wait what am I doing here I should be looking for new tools.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I stop all the time. I just seem to start up again......Isnt it a rule your not supposed to be able to walk around in your shop?

Last edited:

Jeff

New User
Jeff
No addiction here and I usually make do with the tools that I have on hand already. There are many ways to skin that cat.

...but the example says I should do it this way and I don't have those tools so now I'm compelled to go shopping... ???

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I'm one of the lucky ones. I don't have a tool that cost me one cent. No they weren't given to me. Because I earn my living with my tools, they all pay their own way. Plus I get a government subsidy. Being self employed, my tools are a business expense, so they come off before figuring taxes and social security. Sometimes this means they are on sale, over 50% off. But here lately, I've been buying less and less. Just don't need any enough to justify buying. But I do need to to repairs, especially replacing cord sets on several power tools.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
The tools will make you a better woodworker. You need those tools. You will not be happy unless you acquire those tools. Everyone else has them, and produce more beautiful pieces because of those tools.

The only way to stop obsessing over tools and spending way too much money on them is to simply obsess over something else :)

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
The tools will make you a better woodworker. You need those tools. You will not be happy unless you acquire those tools. Everyone else has them, and produce more beautiful pieces because of those tools.

The only way to stop obsessing over tools and spending way too much money on them is to simply obsess over something else :)
And if there is any question with Bas' post simply read his signature line...

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

Whoa... wisdom from Bas. He needs to forewarn us next time - so we can be prepared for deep thoughts

Calm seas never made a good Capitan

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Shawn,

You have early onset WGD. For those of us that have various stages of this affliction (see link for current definition), it is named after a talented woodworker originally from the Hickory area (John Richard aka Woodguy1975). John took advantage of industrial auctions and equipped his shop with substantially sized power tools. Not many of us have a three-head shaper or multiple bandsaws larger than 20", but John did -- hence the beginnings of Woodguy's Disease. My condolences.

Anybody seen or heard from John Richards?

Klingspor's Woodworking Shop is now wishing the Woodguy's Disease to all of you on NCWWR.net! You are all now condemned with this awesome (I mean terrible) disease!!!!! Our phone number is 800-228-0000 - this is the hotline to help you with this dreaded disease! ;)

Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS