Wanted: Poplar or Soft Maple scraps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
If you are like me (my deepest sympathies), you save your scraps.

I'm working on a little Mortise chopping evening for the Hillsborough Orange Woodworkers group.

We are "pretending to make table legs".

So, looking for stock on the order of 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 square, 8" to 10" length.

Anything in the softer hard wood genre would be great.

It'd make for a long night of chopping if I were to offer them up some Ipe or Rosewood :p

Thanks!
Jim

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
If no one here has any, you might want to check out a local furniture frame shop. I used to get alot of scraps 2x2 inch scuare and larger from a local shop for free. Most have proably shut down though.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I've got some 3/4 inch poplar in some random widths and lengths that I'd be happy to donate if you want to do some ripping and gluing to get the right dimensions....

I could also donate some RO though that probably doesn't count for "softer of the harder". You're welcome to come by and look if you like.

Travis

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
I have some maple shorts I picked up during one of the lumber runs last year. You are welcome to a few pieces if you don't mind coming out to west cary to pick them up.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Jim,

I've got some of each but you'd have to drive way out here, stay for lunch & a beer and play with the Collies for a while. Just let me know if you want to go through all of that.

bobby g

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Jim,

I've got some of each but you'd have to drive way out here, stay for lunch & a beer and play with the Collies for a while. Just let me know if you want to go through all of that.

bobby g

Sheesh, sounds like pure torture!!!!!!:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS