Turning Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Since I got my new lathe I've been trying to learn bowl turning. These are the ones that didn't go to the scrap pile. It has given me a new appreciation for you guys that can turn. Maybe with a lot more practice I'll get the hang of it.
100_1247.jpg

View image in gallery

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Practice? :icon_scra Man you don't need no practice - those look great:eusa_clap - job well done:icon_thum

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Nice job, Larry! :icon_thum

BUT, you're one of my favorite "flat workers" so don't let that spinny stuff consume all your time! :wsmile:

"Compass Rose" will always be remembered by me!
:eusa_clap

sawduster

New User
Robert
Man that is far and above any thing I have been able to produce :eusa_clap

I know what you mean about practice. Problem is I don't have the heart ( yet ) to throw any away no matter how bad they look :embaresse

Good job :icon_thum

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Man that is far and above any thing I have been able to produce :eusa_clap

I know what you mean about practice. Problem is I don't have the heart ( yet ) to throw any away no matter how bad they look :embaresse

Good job :icon_thum
+1 I may need to come see you for lessons. Great looking stuff.
Thanks Mark

Dragon

New User
David
Looks like very nice work to me. I haven't even bought any turning tools yet so you're far and away ahead of me.

Mark Placek

New User
Mark
Larry,

Very nice turnings.. but they're all round!
I was hoping to see more of the square bowls from you.
I like the variety of shapes and sizes of your work, the lidded vessels especially. :eusa_clap

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Those are Great~!

And like everyone said, those don't look like practice bowls to me. so unless the scrap pile bowls were you first and these are you next set, then maybe the scraps were the practice and these are your quality bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS