The mother of all lumber auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Alright... so anyone get a deal?

Woah... I thought for sure lots of these ended today at ~2pm. Do they just keep bumping the date until they reach the number they want?!

WDHTRIM

New User
WALT
:icon_scrai thought the same thing i didnt bid on any but i swear alot of the ones i wanted to bid on ended today.:dontknow: guess they got their own kinda auction going on over there.unless the reserves werent met.:eusa_doh:

hholgate

New User
Howard
Alright... so anyone get a deal?

Woah... I thought for sure lots of these ended today at ~2pm. Do they just keep bumping the date until they reach the number they want?!

Auction lots expire at staggered time slots spread over 3 days for the Greensboro lots.

I bought a single lot of FAS Cherry. Winners got good deals not great deals. Bidding was very competitive.

lspooz

New User
Larry
Well, I've bid OUTBID on everything so far (OK, so I'm cheap, but patient - no time to use the wood I've got already).

BUT, still hopeful on a few of the Greensboro lots going tomorrow:
727 Cherry plywood - really need it so high max bid
734 Cherry plywood - ditto
771 White apple plywood - need about half of the 60 sheets so may swap/shares
782 White apple plywood - fallback bid

Still interested in swaps for 13/16" cherry or hard white maple, and would LOVE some crown molding (20 pc) so if anyone's going to VA then LMK please

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I will be making a trip from the Raleigh area to GBO to pick up some wood for one of the bidders. I can carry up to 20,000 lbs on my trailer, so let me know if anybody needs anything transported.

I "may" be making a trip to Arrington VA; I won't know until 4 pm today if I win or not.

Scott

BrianGeib

New User
Brian
I have never bought from an auction like this... But I would love to build a bench (doesn't everyone?). And there are a bunch of hard maple lots.

Is there any interest in some sort of a group buy? I don't need 600 bd ft but maybe more people would be interested if the lots end up < 1$ a bd ft? Right now there are still 600bd ft lots of 8/4 hard maple for 100$ (who knows where these will end up...).

I am also looking at some Hard Maple for a bench. I will only need ~300 bf, but am more than willing to buy the whole thing for that price. My only problem, like everyone else, is a means of getting it from Arlington to Apex. I am open to suggestions.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Update:

I did not win the lot that I was bidding on at Arrington, so no trip up to VA is planned.

However, I will be making a trip to Greensboro to make a pickup for several NCWW members. Send me a PM if you want me to transport your lumber.

FYI I'm told that the seller is informing buyers that they will not load out pickup trucks or tag-a-long trailers - only flatbeds (which is what I have).

Scott

eyekode

New User
Salem
I am also looking at some Hard Maple for a bench. I will only need ~300 bf, but am more than willing to buy the whole thing for that price. My only problem, like everyone else, is a means of getting it from Arlington to Apex. I am open to suggestions.

I got pretty turned off from this site when I realized the dates can shift. Plus the fact that I don't have a flatbed trailer so I really cannot organize a group buy.

Good luck to you bidders, I hope you get a steal :).
Salem

lspooz

New User
Larry
Well, at least I won ONE lot (9 sheets of cherry plywood), about 1/2 usual retail - never bought lumber at auction so this was interesting (and getting to preview and root around in the massive warehouse was different).
Oh well - another way to look at it is that I didn't spend $1400 this week!:confused_

BrianGeib

New User
Brian
I won one of the lots that I bid on, up in Virginia. ~500 bf of Hard Maple and Birch for ~$1.00 bf. I can't complain. I figure there'll be some nice scenery driving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS