The Great Chainsaw Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
They have replaced the ms390 with the ms391. I just bought a used ms390 (on a year or 2 old) I have a 20 inch bar on mine. I've only had it for a few days but I've cut through some pretty tough stuff with mine. and it hasn't bogged down yet. That thing is pretty heavy though. When I bought mine I was looking for a MS290 but ran across mine for what everyone was wanting for those. I figured the extra power may come in handy someday. If you are wanting a really big saw I would go for a 660 or 880 magnum saw. But those cost ALOT and I just cant see paying that much unless you are going to use it everyday. My saw dosent have alot less power then the small magnum, I think it is the 440.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
If you are wanting a really big saw I would go for a 660 or 880 magnum saw. But those cost ALOT and I just cant see paying that much unless you are going to use it everyday. My saw dosent have alot less power then the small magnum, I think it is the 440.

I have both an 044 as well as an 066 Magnum with a 42" bar, in addition to my smaller saws. Unless you really need to run a long bar, an '066 is more saw than most folks can - or want to handle. Even starting it takes some muscle...

The 044 has a lot of power for its size, and is a pretty good compromise. I've actually run a 36" bar on it w/o a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS