The Festool Mother Load , A Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I'm green with envy...which pretty much bites compared to your "green with Festool". :cool: :cool:

Yep, that's a good one there.

Chuck

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You are going to have to share how you find these "deals", although there are other terms that are probably more appropriate. ;-)

Congrats on the acquisitions. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get the stuck plastic off either. I have resorted to putty knives and scrapers which do not do well IMO.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Dino First YOU SUCK... second, only I can remove the protective plastic film on those tools. Send them to me ASAP and I'll take care of them for you. I'll make some room in the shop and am awaiting your shipment.

Trog777

New User
Trog
As far as the film removal, I'll go along with the heat gun suggestion. I purchased this "on the cheap" because some moron had absolutely COVERED the thing with bumper stickers. Took some time, but a heat gun and plastic bondo spreader as a scraper did the trick. Finished cleaning it after scraping with some lacquer thinner.

Still speechless on the Festool haul. Nothing comes to mind that's appropriate to post.:gar-Bi

bwat

New User
Bill
Like Jeremy I find it hard to come up with a word to describe this haul...

Maybe FESTOriffic, FESTOwsome, FESTOmendous, FESTOnormous:gar-La;.....

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
Nice haul there Dino. I will also recommend the heat gun. That's how we get all the decals off the race cars here.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Großer Zusatz zu Ihrem Geschäft - Dino
I didn't think your shop could get any classier, Jim

Gary K

New User
Gary
Dino,

Now you really don't have room to build a kayak.:mrgreen: Congrats, you are the master!:notworthy:

Dragon

New User
David
As many others have said.......WHAT A HAUL!! Congrats on the tools. Now that we've got that out of the way...........

Seems like I recall reading in my law journals that it is a felony to be in possession of that many fine tools at one time. Send me directions to your place and I'll be down this weekend to pick up about 50% of them. That should be enough off your hands to keep you out of the pokey. After all, what are friends for?????:tongue2::jealous:

:rotflm::rolf::gar-La;

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Thanks for the kind words guys and you are right; I HAVE TOO MANY TOOLS! I will probably sell some of these off in the near future.

I tried everything to get the plastic off of the stainless and nothing really works. Even with a heat gun, it peels off in little bits. I have finally started using a razor blade and then dissolving the adhesive with acetone. This method is by far the easiest and makes the least mess.

BobbyG

New User
BobbyG
That is unbelievable, talk about being in the right place at the right time!

The only way I'd get an offer like that is if they were all broken...:wink_smil

Good for you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS