Teaching Wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Everyone,

Just teaching my wife how to use some power tools. After 3+ years of marriage I just found out she has never really used them, except sanding.

So here she is trying out the Jig Saw, Cutting out letters for our son's name to hang on the wall, from MDF. Will take to the router table to trim and smooth the edges. Maybe a 1/2" round over bit as well, then paint, then mount!

Will post more pictures when more complete!

Oh And thank you Very Much Splint Eastwood (Matt) for the Coleman Drill, and letting me donate a small amount to this amazing site:icon_thum ....put it to good use.

Thanks for looking!:gar-Bi

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dang now you're gonna have to share your tools:eusa_doh:. And long gone is the quiet retreat of your shop:BangHead:. But you got the LOYL there and that balances it all out. I wonder how she will like woodturning ??

Dave:)

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Looking into my crystal ball I see some duplicate tools in your future. What a bummer to have to buy tools. hehe Nice to a partner that likes the same interests though and wanting to learn. Steve :eek:ccasion1

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Great job there teacher and student.That session rates another set of tools.Wish I could get my wife to help,but no she does enough now.Tony

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Matthew,

Those pics are priceless! Thank you for sharing them!

Means more to me than any tool $'s! :eusa_danc. Keep'em coming!

Sounds like you really had a good "leave".

Thanks for your Service!

Best Wishes,
Matt

tjgreen

New User
Tim
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Do be careful - my wife's generally pretty handy, but I walked into the kitchen on Saturday and she was using my freshly-sharpened 1/4" chisel as a screwdriver. :swoon:

Think I'm gonna get her a set of the basics for her very own.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Do be careful - my wife's generally pretty handy, but I walked into the kitchen on Saturday and she was using my freshly-sharpened 1/4" chisel as a screwdriver. :swoon:

:rotflm::rotflm::rolf:

R

rickc

I had a similar experience, but it consisted of finding my hammer laying outside by the garden one morning! Simple, loving, fun solution: Went to Harbor Freight, got her basic set of tools - pliers, screw drivers, utility knife, measuring tape, etc. And OF COURSE - a hammer!

We has one of those Ah hah moments recently. I was making some cookies in HER kitchen :wink_smil and she was popping in and out about every 5 minutes. Finally she said - "It just makes me nervous when you're in my kitchen baking something." A bigger man would have said "Honey, I will be very careful with your things and use them all as you would want me to." Like I said a BIGGER man would have said that. I, on the otherhand said "Now you know how I feel when you are in my shop!" :gar-La; Fortunately I have a loving and understanding wife who just laughed and said "I know!".

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Matthew,

:icon_scra I've gotta ask, where does Rachel find the time to do that with a new baby in the house ? Lord knows that we had very little time in the beginning , and still don't:gar-La;.

Good luck working with your new shop partner:icon_thum.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Dang now you're gonna have to share your tools:eusa_doh:. And long gone is the quiet retreat of your shop:BangHead:. But you got the LOYL there and that balances it all out. I wonder how she will like woodturning ??

Dave:)

Hey Dave,

I was asking her if she would want to try out the lathe and she seemed willing to try it out. I'm excited for that. :gar-Bi

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Never happen at MY house. If try & help her with the Sudoku puzzle I almost end up sleeping on the couch! :gar-La; We share cooking & wash duties, and she has used the band saw a time or 2 but I'd be more afraid for ME if she started doing WWing.:confused_
You've got a keeper, there. :icon_thum:icon_thum

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I would love to have my wife in the shop. I have been trying to get her addicted to the scroll saw. I envy you.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Dang now you're gonna have to share your tools:eusa_doh:.

Or better, you can insist on upgrading some of your tools, selecting those models more suitable for her use. :icon_thum

Who says chivalry is dead? :wink_smil

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Matthew,

Those pics are priceless! Thank you for sharing them!

Means more to me than any tool $'s! :eusa_danc. Keep'em coming!

Sounds like you really had a good "leave".

Thanks for your Service!

Best Wishes,
Matt

Oh we did this last night, Monday the 2nd. Rachel drew out the letters on the MDF a couple days prior, put nathan down to sleep at 8pm, 9pm down cutting!:gar-Bi :eusa_danc Wife kept stopping and running to the door, did you hear him, ahhhh no?:dontknow: She'd listen for a moment, ok back to work!:gar-Bi

Good times:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS